Senior Scientist/Department Head
THE CYPRUS INSTITUTE OF NEUROLOGY AND GENETICS
VACANCY FOR SENIOR SCIENTIST/DEPARTMENT HEAD
(Ref. code: 310319)
The Cyprus Institute of Neurology and Genetics (CING), is a bi-communal, non-profit, research, academic, medical centre. It offers high level medical and clinical laboratory services, pursues innovative research and provides advanced education in the areas of Neurology, Genetics and Biomedical Sciences.
CING’s philosophy, in line with its Vision and Mission statements, is summarized by the five core values, Excellence, Social Service, Professionalism, Innovation and Teamwork.
The Cyprus Institute of Neurology and Genetics is looking for a full time Senior Scientist Department Head in its Electron Microscopy & Molecular Pathology Department.
The suitable candidate will head, manage and develop the department to ensure it achieves the highest possible standards of excellence in all its activities. Moreover, he/she will exercise leadership, demonstrate vision and empower others in order to deliver the agreed strategy of the Institute. The above position is combined with a faculty position at the appropriate rank commensurate with experience and track record at the Cyprus School of Molecular Medicine (CSMM), the post-graduate School of the Institute.
He/she will be accountable to the Chief Executive Medical Director and will be a member of the Institute’s Scientific Council.
WHAT WE ARE SEEKING
- PhD in any Biological Science, Chemistry or closely related field; and
- A minimum of 6 years of post-qualification experience in the fields of Molecular Pathology and cancer; and
- Proven ability to design and carry out original and independent research projects that result in publication; and
- Supervisory experience; and
- Command of the Greek and/or Turkish and English languages
- Experience in cancer genetics, cancer genomics or cancer biology will be considered an advantage.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Highly collaborative culture. Top-notch facilities that permit research at the cutting edge of scientific investigation
- Opportunities for advancement as an academic:
- Research infrastructure and resources are allocated including dedicated and state-of-the-art lab space and high-level research scientists
- Opportunities for dynamic involvement in the activities of CSMM (supervision of MSc/PhD students, teaching and coordinating of the CSMM programs)
- Annual starting gross salary (including 13th salary) is €67.292,72 (Scale A15/A16) plus other benefits.
HOW TO APPLY
A cover letter and a detailed curriculum vitae and names of two referees should reach the Institute by Friday 23 August 2019 at the following address: Personnel Office, The Cyprus Institute of Neurology and Genetics, PO Box 23462, 1683 Nicosia or by e-mail at: firstname.lastname@example.org, stating the reference code. Contact person for further information: Ms Anna Michaelidou, tel.: 22392789, e-mail: email@example.com.
The Cyprus Institute of Neurology and Genetics is an equal opportunities employer.