Microscopy Core Manager
Microscopy Core Manager
Located in Boston and the surrounding communities, Dana-Farber Cancer Institute brings together world renowned clinicians, innovative researchers and dedicated professionals, allies in the common mission of conquering cancer, HIV/AIDS and related diseases. Combining extremely talented people with the best technologies in a genuinely positive environment, we provide compassionate and comprehensive care to patients of all ages; we conduct research that advances treatment; we educate tomorrow's physician/researchers; we reach out to underserved members of our community; and we work with amazing partners, including other Harvard Medical School-affiliated hospitals.
The mission of the Microscopy Core is to provide imaging microscopy technology for fixed and live cells and tissues, as well as scientific and technical expertise to assist in experimental design and optimal image collection. Imaging techniques provided by the core include standard fluorescence; live-cell long term imaging; confocal; TIRF; FRET, and spectral imaging.
The successful candidate must have a wide understanding of various imaging techniques along with flexibility, hands-on problem-solving ability, and excellent written and oral communication skills. Effective people skills and a customer-oriented approach are necessary to assist and train facility users. Strong organizational skills are a must to manage scheduling and billing efficiently and effectively. The candidate must be able to balance scientific and technical responsibilities with the strategic management of a core facility.
- Teach researchers the principles and operation of microscopy techniques
- Provide hands-on training to core users on the operation of microscopes
- Advise and guide researchers on experimental design and image analysis goals
- Oversee and maintain instrumentation
- Identify and pursue funding opportunities for equipment
- Manage scheduling and monthly billing
- Propose and execute strategic vision for the future of the core
- M.S. in a quantitative science and 5-6 years of experience with advanced light microscopy technologies. Ph.D. preferred.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills with ability to work in a diverse customer-based fee-for-service environment.
- The applicant should be detail oriented, show a willingness to learn new skills, and work both independently and as a team player.
Dana-Farber Cancer Institute is an equal opportunity employer and affirms the right of every qualified applicant to receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, disability, age, ancestry, military service, protected veteran status, or other groups as protected by law.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/bgbgrqwgjd3kg6xp