Postdoctoral Position in Sepsis and Pulmonary Injury Research at the Shock Trauma Center of the University of Maryland
We are seeking two highly trained and motivated postdoc to join the research team at the Shock Trauma Anesthesiology Research Center (STAR) at the University of Maryland School of Medicine. The team has a NIH-funded position to study the role of novel innate immune signaling in sepsis-induced lung injury. Acute lung injury (ALI) is a common complication of sepsis and contributes to its high mortality. Dysregulated activation of the innate immune signaling plays an important role in the pathogenesis of ALI. Detailed information about the team’s research can be found at
This research covers a number of different disciplines including immunology, physiology, and molecular biology. Candidate with experience in lung injury and sepsis research is preferred. Candidates are expected to be independent with the ability to work in a dynamic team environment. They should have good organizational skills and strong oral and written communications skills. The position offers salary consistent with the NIH F-32 guideline.
Major responsibilities include, but will not be limited to:
- Carrying research projects through experimental design, conducting experiments, developing, adapting, and implemental novel research techniques, and analyzing data
- Maintaining detailed documentation of experimental work
- Presenting data within and outside of the laboratory group at meetings and symposia
- Maintaining close communications with PI regarding progress
- Writing, editing, and submitting manuscripts/abstracts detailing the results of the project
- Help maintain equipment, assist other lab members, and help to maintain a positive, friendly, and welcoming atmosphere.
Please email your application and following information in a single pdf file to: Dr. Zou at email@example.com
- Cover letter including 1) brief description past research experience and accomplishments, and how this background fits the project; 2) Research interests; 3) Career goals; 4) Expected availability date
- Contact information at least three references
The University of Maryland, Baltimore is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and protected veterans are encouraged to apply.