The Research Scientist, will function as Chief Scientific Officer of the Stover Research Group at Texas A&M AgriLife Research in College Station, Texas.
- Perform research on folate-mediated one-carbon metabolism in cell culture and animal models.
- Assist with maintenance of laboratory equipment and laboratory supplies.
- Grant and manuscript Writing.
- Presentation of research data for publication and presentation.
Required Education: Ph.D. or equivalent degree in the life or physical sciences.
Required Experience: 6 years of related experience which includes:
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Established strong publication record and grant writing experience and expertise,
- Technical expertise in molecular biology, mouse development, basic molecular biology and genomic or metabolomics techniques,
- Ability to multi-task and work cooperatively with others.
Preferred Experience: Experience in mouse genetics, husbandry and development. Additional expertise in neurophysiology or metabolomics, genomic approaches, and/or stable isotope tracer studies is desirable.
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution’s verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution’s procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.