Faculty Positions in Westlake University∣2019
Founded in 2016, Westlake University is a new, private research university in Hangzhou, China. Preceded by the Westlake Institute for Advanced Study, Westlake University is creating a stimulating, world-class environment for research and education in science, engineering and technology, and life sciences.
Westlake University seeks exceptional scholars in all branches of cutting-edge science and technology from around the world. If you believe you are among the best in your chosen research field, you may wish to consider an exciting career opportunity in Westlake University.
- Faculty Positions are open at four distinct ranks: Assistant Professor, Associate Professor, Full Professor, and Chair Professor;
- Each faculty member will receive an internationally competitive salary and a fringe benefits package that includes a generous housing option, a high-end medical care plan for the entire family, These benefits have been designed with references to those of the elite private universities in the US;
- Each faculty member is provided with an internationally competitive start-up package that includes long-term and sufficient research funds, ample laboratory space, excellent equipment and research support. Stable financial support safeguards every research project that is designed to push the envelope of human knowledge;
- The research disciplines include, but are not limited to, chemistry, all major branches of engineering, life sciences, mathematics, physics, and inter-disciplinary fields. The engineering disciplines include, but are not limited to, electrical engineering, computer science, information technology, energy and environment, nanotechnology and material science, and emerging technology. Westlake University emphasizes inter-disciplinary research.
In addition to the specifications listed above, Westlake University also has a number of advantages that are rarely found elsewhere. First, due to the small size of Westlake University, inter-disciplinary research collaboration is truly spontaneous and becomes part of a daily routine. The faculty members from different disciplines bump into each other at the coffee shop, student cafeteria, faculty club, and seminar rooms. Second, all faculty members hired in the first several years of university development will have stories of their own to recount how they not only witnessed but also contributed to the breathtaking rise of a brand-new university, the first new-type research university in the history of China. These fond memories constitute a once-in-a-lifetime experience for any scientist with a dream at heart. Third, due to the small size of the faculty, your opinion truly counts within the university. The sense of “my university” is considerably stronger here at Westlake than elsewhere. In addition, administration serves, rather than directs, research and teaching here at Westlake. This scholar-friendly environment is part of the Westlake culture on campus.
Application will be reviewed upon receipt. Please submit your application as a complete package, including all requested documents, Please send the application documents as electronic PDF files to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Cover Letter;
- Curriculum Vitae - your up-to-date CV with publication list;
- Statement of Research Summary and Research Proposal (3-5 pages).
- Arrange for 3 letters of reference (to be sent by referees directly to the above email address).
YANG Mengchen, Office of Human Resources, Westlake University.
Address: 18 Shilongshan Road, Cloud Town, Xihu District, Hangzhou, Zhejiang Province, China.
For more information, please visit: http://www.wias.org.cn/english-flist-426.html.