Soft, Biological and Composite Nanomaterials Thrust Scientist
Los Alamos National Laboratory is a multidisciplinary research institution engaged in science
and engineering on behalf of national security. The Center for Integrated Nanotechnologies (CINT) has an opportunity for an outstanding early-career scientist in the Soft, Biological and Composite Nanomaterials (SBCN) Thrust discipline. CINT is a Department of Energy/Office of Science Nanoscale Science Research Center operated jointly by Los Alamos and Sandia National Laboratories for the Office of Basic Energy Sciences (BES) as a national user facility devoted to establishing the scientific principles that govern the design, performance, functionality and integration of nanoscale materials.
This position represents one of four groups in the Materials Physics and Applications Division (MPA). We are particularly interested in scientists who have hands-on experience with the creation and assembly of nanomaterials via layer-by-layer methods, programmed or biomimetic means. This position will be filled at either the Scientist 2 or 3 level, depending on the skills and experience of the selected candidate.
Scientist 2 ($89,900 - $148,300)
Scientist 3 ($98,900 - $165,100)
Visit our website (see link below) for a complete job description.
- Ph.D. in a relevant science or engineering field
- Demonstrated record of scientific research achievement (through publications, citations and presentations) in the creation and assembly of soft, biological or nanocomposite materials
- Hands-on research experience with at least one of the following: making sequence-controlled or nanostructured polymers, block copolymers or polymer nanoparticles,
or the use of un-natural amino acids
- Ability to engage and work effectively with a broad and diverse scientific user community
In addition to qualifications outlined above, Scientist 3 level requires:
- Nationally recognized expertise in the creation and assembly of soft, biological or nanocomposite materials
- Success in developing novel ideas and securing research funding
- Success in mentorship
- Experience working in a cross-disciplinary, collaborative environment
- Demonstrated success at the assembly of nanomaterials to create new, emergent properties using methods such as layer-by-layer deposition, programmed assembly
or biomimetic approaches
- Demonstrated knowledge of nanomaterial synthesis and characterization over a wide range of techniques
- Ability to obtain DOE Q clearance (usually requires U.S. citizenship)
We Are Delivering Scientific Excellence
Los Alamos National Laboratory is more than a place to work. It is a catalyst for discovery, innovation and achievement. It’s one of the reasons we attract world-class talent who contribute greatly to our outstanding culture. Professional development, work/life balance and a diverse and inclusive team foster lasting career satisfaction. Our onsite cafeterias and medical, fitness and breastfeeding facilities, education assistance and generous compensation and benefits reflect our commitment to providing our people with all they need for personal and professional growth.
Apply now: lanl.jobs, search IRC73949: https://lanl.jobs/los-alamos-nm/soft-biologicaland-composite-nanomaterials-thrust-scientist-scientist-23/C63E4A61D82B427CB89F40008081569B/job/
Los Alamos National Laboratory is an equal opportunity employer and supports a diverse and inclusive workforce. All employment practices are based on qualification and merit, without regards to race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, age, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation or preference, marital status or spousal affiliation, physical or mental disability, medical conditions, pregnancy, status as a protected veteran, genetic information, or citizenship within the limits imposed by federal laws and regulations. The Laboratory is also committed to making our workplace accessible to individuals with disabilities and will provide reasonable accommodations, upon request, for individuals to participate in the application and hiring process. To request such an accommodation, please send an email to email@example.com or call 1-505-665-4444 option 1.