Notice of Recruiting Global Young Scholars in 2019
In order to thoroughly implement Xi Jinping’s thought on socialism with Chinese characteristics for a new era and the guiding principles of the Nineteenth National Party Congress and improve the quality of teachers in universities, Education Department of Shandong Province will hold the Taishan International Forum for Young Scholars in Qingdao, Shandong in early July 2019, and announce the relevant matters as follows:
1. Forum Content
Taishan International Forum for Young Scholars organized by the institutions of higher learning in Shandong Province aims to build a platform through which they can attract outstanding young talents from home and abroad, focus on the frontier of science and technology and promote exchanges and cooperation.
This event consists of Provincial Main Forum, Taishan Academic Forum and University Sub-Forum. The main forum includes the opening ceremony, policy introductions and thematic reports. The academic forum, held in the same period (see the attached list), welcomes top academic leaders from home and abroad invited by some universities. The sub-forum, hosted by participating universities, includes school policy introductions, sub-forum reports, field visits and exchanges.
2. Time and Place
- Registration on 5 July;
- Main Forum on the morning of 6 July;
- Taishan Academic Forum, 6-7 July.
Qingdao Huanghai Hotel (75 Yan’an Road, Shinan District, Qingdao).
3. Forum Registration
Excellent young talents who have obtained doctoral degrees from well-known universities and academic institutions at home and abroad, are able to do scientific research independently, have achieved representative results in their field of research, have great potential for development and are willing work in Shandong for innovation and entrepreneurship.
4. Participation Support
- The organizing committee of the forum and the inviting universities shall be responsible for the participants' accommodation, and arrival and departure transfer services during the forum and cover relevant expenses;
- Young scholars to the forum shall decide on the scheduling with the inviting university according to the invitation letter. The inviting university shall provide transportation subsidies, i.e., economy class for flights and first class for high-speed railways.
5. Registration Procedures
Qualified young scholars are supposed to send their resumes and relevant supporting materials to the secretariat of the forum organizing committee or the e-mail box of interested universities by June 15, 2019. The secretariat will send the talent policies of relevant universities according to applicants’ personal intentions. Education Department of Shandong Province and the inviting universities will send invitations to the qualified young scholars.
In a new era when Shandong looks for new drivers of growth, the Taishan International Forum for Young Scholars invites outstanding young talents from home and abroad to meet in Qingdao, Shandong.
List of Seminars at the Taishan Academic Forum
(Held during the Taishan International Forum for Young Scholars in 2019)
- The Future of Coastal Cities: Wisdom, Health and Livability;
- Brain Functions and Diseases;
- Robot and AI Technology;
- Major Physical Issues in Strategic Emerging Industries;
- Topics on Agrobiology.
Please refer to the supporting document about Forum contact information and talents required by universities.
Education Department of Shandong Province
May 5, 2019