Open Rank Faculty Position in Bioinformatics -Jacksonville, FL
The Division of Biomedical Statistics and Informatics is seeking successful candidates to lead the bioinformatics component of multidisciplinary teams and collaborate to advance bioinformatics in healthcare transformation and prescision medicine. The Divisionis part of the Department of Health Sciences Research at Mayo Clinic. The division has approximately 300 members with doctoral level, master's level or bachelor's level expertise in biomedical informatics, biostatistics, statistical genetics, data science, and clinical trials. It has representation at all Mayo Clinic campuses and is growing to meet Mayo's research needs.
- PhD in bioinformatics with at least one year post graduate experience
- Experience with RNA sequencing, whole genome/exome sequencing, systems biology, machine learning, or artificial intelligence
- Demonstrated collaborative research success
- Demonstrated ability to publish in high-quality, peer-reviewed journals as first or senior author
- Experience presenting research at national or international forums
- Evidence of independent scholarly activity including algorithm or methodology development
- Leadership experience with evidence of delegating to team members
- Flexibility, creativity and excellent communication skills
Mayo Clinic is the largest integrated, multidisciplinary academic medical center in the world with approximately 4,800 physicians and scientists across three campuses in Arizona, Florida and Minnesota. We support a vibrant and diverse research enterprise, with programs in basic, translational, clinical and population sciences. In 2018, the institution received over $490 million in extramural research awards, supplemented with over $330 million of institutional support. Mayo has world-class faculty, laboratories and state-of-the-art core facilities and well-annotated biorepositories. We offer a highly competitive compensation program with exceptional benefits. Academic rank, salary and start-up package will be commensurate with experience.
©2019 Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research. Post offer/pre-employment drug screening is required. Mayo Clinic is an equal opportunity educator and employer (including veterans and persons with disabilities).