Postdoctoral Research Fellow - Computational Cancer Immunology, Dana-Farber/Harvard Medical School
Postdoctoral Research Fellow - Computational Cancer Immunology
Dana-Farber/Harvard Medical School
Located in Boston and the surrounding communities, Dana-Farber Cancer Institute brings together world renowned clinicians, innovative researchers and dedicated professionals, allies in the common mission of conquering cancer, HIV/AIDS and related diseases. Combining extremely talented people with the best technologies in a genuinely positive environment, we provide compassionate and comprehensive care to patients of all ages; we conduct research that advances treatment; we educate tomorrow's physician/researchers; we reach out to underserved members of our community; and we work with amazing partners, including other Harvard Medical School-affiliated hospitals.
A postdoc position is available in the laboratories of Kai Wucherpfennig (cancer immunology) and Chris Sander (computational biology, data sciences) within the Departments of Data Sciences and Cancer Immunology and Virology, at the Dana-Farber Cancer Institute, Harvard Medical School. Novel, high-dimensional imaging approaches at single-cell resolution now enable investigation of the spatial interactions between distinct immune cell populations, cancer cells and stromal cells in the tumor microenvironment. Such spatially resolved information on the immune – cancer interface will have a significant impact on the development of novel cancer immunotherapies, in particular when integrated with other single cell technologies. We are recruiting a postdoctoral fellow who is enthusiastic about developing new computational approaches to interrogate the tumor microenvironment using CODEX (DNA barcoded antibodies, 24-color immunofluorescence), MIBI (heavy atom labeled antibodies, 30+ marker mass spec) and single-cell RNA-seq technologies. We offer an intellectually stimulating environment at the interface of two important areas of cancer research.
You can learn more about the Wucherpfennig and Sander labs through our websites:
Wucherpfennig Lab Website(http://t-cells-treating-cancer.dana-farber.org/)
Sander Lab Website(http://www.sanderlab.org/)
- This fellow will oversee developing new approaches to interrogate the tumor microenvironment using CODEX (DNA barcoded antibodies), MIBI, and single cell RNA-seq technologies.
- Lead author of at least one publication in major peer-reviewed scientific journals.
- Ability to work collaboratively across groups and organizations since the effort is split among organizations.
Dana-Farber Cancer Institute is an equal opportunity employer and affirms the right of every qualified applicant to receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, disability, age, ancestry, military service, protected veteran status, or other groups as protected by law.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2apply.net/r9nqbx2hr9zt2522
More searches like this
- Life Sciences Full Time Healthcare/Hospital jobs in Boston
- Computational Biology Full Time Healthcare/Hospital jobs in Boston
- Immunology Full Time Healthcare/Hospital jobs in Boston
- Health Sciences Full Time Healthcare/Hospital jobs in Boston
- Translational Research Full Time Healthcare/Hospital jobs in Boston