Senior Global Medical Director, Breast Cancer, Global Medical Affairs
At Roche, over 90,000 people across 150 countries are pushing back the frontiers of healthcare. Working together, we’ve become one of the world’s leading research-focused healthcare groups. Our success is built on innovation, curiosity and diversity, and on seeing each other’s differences as an advantage. To innovate healthcare, Roche has ambitious plans to keep learning and growing – and is seeking people who have the same goals for themselves.
The Senior Global Medical Director (sGMD), reporting to the Group Global Medical Director (GGMD) for the HER2-negative Breast and GYN Cancer Franchise is a key role in the development of the medical strategy and execution of the Medical and Evidence Generation Strategy for a product /group of products in the Breast and GYN Cancer Franchise. The role requires oncology expertise and business understanding to identify and address the relevant medical needs of clinical practice to successfully support the cross-functional team.
Summary of Main Responsibilities:
Evidence Generation Strategy Planning and Execution
- Accountable for the evidence generation strategy planning and execution, incl. (but not limited to) identifying medical and access gaps and needs as part of the overall medical strategy
- Responsible for the joint planning and execution of the Medical Strategy for the assigned product(s) / indication(s)
- Drives and leads the strategy of the integrated evidence generation activities, incl. Roche sponsored clinical studies, Investigator Initiated Studies (IIS) and RWD
- Accountable for evidence generation activities for the assigned product (s) / Indication(s), including risk benefit assessment and medical monitoring in all medical affairs interventional studies
- Takes the role of Lead Scientific Responsible and acts as a member of the Study Management Team (SMT)
- Assesses the needs and coordinates compassionate use of the assigned product(s)
- In collaboration with Global Access (GA) and appropriate Affiliates stakeholders, identifies the evidence generation needs/gaps in order to obtain and maintain patient access and integrates them into the evidence generation strategy
- Provides medical expertise and input into the market access, brand and life-cycle strategies and plans (e.g. Life Cycle Plans, Brand Plans, Launch Plans, Comparative Benefit Risk Assessments and other relevant documents)
- Develops, advances and maintains TAE interactions and collaborations, incl. those aimed to set up and conduct evidence generation activities
- Represents Roche in peer-to-peer interactions with external collaboration partners, including in patient-company interactions
Are you interested? We are looking for the following qualification: We are looking for a Medical Doctor with board certification or eligibility in Oncology with around 5 years of medical affairs or drug development experience in the biotechnology or pharmaceutical industry, or a combination of academia and industry experience.
In addition, you bring:
- Solid tumor experience, preferably in breast cancer
- Experience in Evidence Generation within or outside the pharmaceutical industry, including trial design, conduct, analysis, and reporting of clinical trials
- Excellent track record of successful interactions with therapeutic area experts and investigators globally
- Understanding of business context, access and regulatory environment and trends
- Experience in Compassionate Use Program/Compassionate Use Request management is a plus
- Experienced educator/ presenter
- Experience with launch of drugs/indications is a plus
- Functional competencies, including but not limited to organization, prioritization and planning skills, negotiation, and presentation skills
- Fluency in written and spoken English
Are you ready to apply but have additional questions?
Please check our FAQs and videos on careers.roche.ch/faq.
We look forward to your application!
Roche is an equal opportunity employer.