Senior Manager or Manager position in Center for Innovative Teaching and Learning
Job Title: Senior Manager or Manager
Number of Positions: 1 (full-time)
Organization: Center for Innovative Teaching and Learning, ShanghaiTech University
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Compensation: Competitive salary and employee benefits
ShanghaiTech University, founded in September 2013, is a young resource-rich university with a modern residential campus in the heart of Shanghai Pudong’s Zhangjiang Hi-Tech Park. With an academic focus on STEAM research, ShanghaiTech is committed to carrying out China’s national development strategy and nurturing the next generation of innovative scientists, inventors and entrepreneurs. With the backing and support of the Shanghai Municipal Government and China Academy of Science, ShanghaiTech’s five schools and three research institutes seek cutting-edge solutions to address the challenges that China and the world is facing in the fields of energy, material, environment, human health, and artificial intelligence. The Center for Innovative Teaching and Learning (CITL) in ShanghaiTech University was founded in January 2018. The mission of CITL is to promote the professional development of faculty through teaching training programs, assessment on teaching and learning, instructional technology and academic support. CITL is actively recruiting talents from around the world to join in ShanghaiTech University.
Main Job Functions:
- Teaching consultation and assessment，Provide 1-on-1 consultation service according to instructors’ need; conduct midterm student feedback (MSF) service to support teaching improvement and innovation; establish learning outcome-based assessment system to benchmark and evaluate overall educational quality.
- Instructional Technology and active learning development, Provide support to instructors in instructional technology and online/hybrid courses; responsible for fostering teaching resources and activities across campus; promote student-centered active-learning teaching pedagogy and related instructional technology.
- Collaborate within center or across different departments to complete training and administrative related tasks; manage regular documentation including collection, analysis, summary to complete written or oral report for related activities.
- Other administrative duties assigned.
Basic Requirement (fulfill one of the following)
- M.S. degree or above in higher education or educational management related field;
- 2 years or above teaching experience in academic setting.
- For senior manager position, minimum 5 years of teaching experience or 5 years of teaching consultation experience or equivalent academic working experiences in highly accredited universities or institutions domestic or oversea is required;
- Strong enthusiasm in improving higher education quality; familiar with either Chinese or U.S. higher education system, or both;
- Proficiency in data collection and analysis;
- Responsible, efficient, collaborative professional with excellent oral and written communication skills in both English and Chinese.
Please follow instructions on http://jobs.shanghaitech.edu.cn/ to create account and submit application. Preferred application package includes resume, letter of interest, teaching statement, and 2 recommendation letters. For international applicants, please send application materials to firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply for Senior Manager or Manager position in Center for Innovative Teaching and Learning
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly