Postdoctoral Fellow Functional Genomics and Drug Discovery
We are seeking a creative and enthusiastic Postdoctoral Fellow to lead a NIH-funded project that leverages multiomic human data to identify novel cardiometabolic disease-associated genes. The goals of this project are to determine the function of these genes and to develop small molecules to modulate their activity through innovative model generation and functional screens. The ideal candidate will be passionate about functional genomics research and will enjoy working in a fast-paced, team-based setting. Being a member of our initiative will provide opportunities for the candidate to lead initiatives and to network with a consortium of researchers in the fields of genomics and chemical biology.
- PhD or graduating with a PhD in the summer of 2019.
- Fast learner, analytical thinker, creative, "hands-on", team-player.
- Strong background in zebrafish model systems and CRISPR/cas genome editing.
- Experience in chemical biology is a plus.
- Outstanding personal initiative and communication skills.
- Strong record of publications in peer reviewed journals.
- Passion for solving problems and advancing our understanding of the human biology.
- Outstanding opportunities for professional growth and career advancement through a formal mentoring program.
- Joint appointments with Harvard Medical School, BIDMC, and the Broad Institute will provide many opportunities to benefit from diverse and vibrant scientific environments.
- Salary above the NIH pay scale.
The Nath lab works at the interface of cardiometabolic disease and drug discovery. We are part of a dynamic research consortium that leverages cutting edge multiomics technologies and collaborates with colleagues across the nation. The overarching goal of the Nath Lab is to develop small molecules to treat metabolic diseases. Beyond our passion for the advancement of science, Dr. Nath actively supports the career development of next gen scientists. We are located at the Center for Life Sciences in the Harvard Longwood Medical Campus.
Interested applicants should directly e-mail Dr. Anjali Nath at anj.nath.lab(AT)gmail(DOT)com a single PDF file that includes a cover letter highlighting past research experience and current research interests, curriculum vitae, and contact information for three references.
EOE / Minorities / Females / Protected Veterans / Disabilities
Apply for Postdoctoral Fellow Functional Genomics and Drug Discovery
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly