Research Scientist, Protein Engineering (PhD) (Phage Surface Display) (201732W-01)
Our protein engineering team is seeking a creative and motivated individual to share in our mission of building novel and sustainable solutions for the future of agriculture. We develop and leverage cutting edge technologies including comparative genomics and strategic randomization to design, build and screen libraries to evolve proteins for the development of molecular tools and traits for scientists, farmers and consumers.
Join us at Corteva Agriscience™, Agriculture Division of DowDuPont, a world leader and supplier of plant genetics, to tackle important agricultural challenges and help secure a reliable and sustainable food supply across the world for years to come.
Candidates should have PhD in molecular biology, biochemistry, bioengineering or related discipline with previous experience in protein engineering and directedevolution methods such as phage surface display (highly desired), robust quantitative binding and biochemical assay development, PCR, seamless cloning, library construction, recombinant protein expression and purification, lab robotics, DNA sequence and data analysis software.
· Design and develop methods and technologies in the laboratory to extend proprietary technologies.
· Perform and support experiments in protein engineering and directed evolution methods such as phage surface display.
· Conduct experiments involving HTP functional evaluation analysis such as ELISA and Octet based assays.
· Construct and screen libraries using the latest synthetic biology and DNA-shuffling technologies.
· Manage multiple workflows and activities, while interacting across multiple teams.
· Organize and adapt to a fast-paced, inter-connected research setting.
· Maintain expertise in the field by staying current to relevant literature and attending relevant conferences.
· Prepare documents and present project updates, results, and strategies to internal teams.
A Ph.D. or equivalent degree in molecular biology, biochemistry, bioengineering or related discipline.
Demonstrated experience of critically analyzing and distilling complex scientific problems with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Familiarity with bioinformatics and sequence analysis software.
Corteva Agriscience ™, the world's first dedicated agriculture start-up, serves to enrich the lives of those who produce and those who consume, ensuring progress for generations to come. Our employees fulfill this purpose everyday by building/participating in an inclusive culture where we encourage each other to stay curious, think differently, act boldly and do what's right for our customers, our co-workers, our partners and our planet. With over 20,000 team members from 130 countries, innovating in 140 world class R&D facilities, we have the resources, leadership heritage and partner ecosystem to make a meaningful impact now and into the future.