Postdoctoral Research Fellow in Microfluidics, Micro/nanoscale heat transfer or Combustion
Employmer: Harbin Institute of Technology (Shenzhen)
Harbin Institute of Technology (Shenzhen) was jointly built by Harbin Institute of Technology and Shenzhen Municipal Government. It is an important campus of Harbin Institute of Technology. It is the first member of the China 9th School Alliance (C9) to recruit undergraduates in Shenzhen, and a member of the national ‘985 Project’ and ‘211 Project’. The predecessor of the Harbin Institute of Technology (Shenzhen) was the Harbin Institute of Technology Shenzhen Graduate School, which was founded in 2002. Harbin Institute of Technology (Shenzhen) is mainly based on full-time undergraduate and postgraduate education and supplemented by part-time education. It is an important part of Harbin Institute of Technology's ‘one school, three districts’ and an important force in building a world-class university. Harbin Institute of Technology (Shenzhen) inherits the tradition of Harbin Institute of Technology and carries forward the spirit of Shenzhen.
Position A: Microfluidics/Lab on a chip
Two fixed-term positions available for two years.
The successful appointee will be working on microfluidics related projects such as the application of microfluidics in cell analysis and POCT.
- PhD in the area of Microfluidics for cell analysis or POCT;
- Extensive experience in microfabrication including photolithography and soft lithography, etc.;
For the details of Position A, please contact Dr. Huaying Chen at chenhuaying at hit.edu.cn (replace at by @).
For the research interests of Dr. Chen, please follow the link below: http://220.127.116.11/body/shizi/detailen.php?strID=7297
Position B: Micro/nanoscale radiative heat transfer & nanophotonics
Two fixed-term positions available for two years.
The successful appointee will be working on the projects related to the research areas of micro/nanoscale radiative heat transfer & nanophotonics.
- PhD in the area of micro/nanoscale radiative heat transfer & nanophotonics;
- Extensive experience in MEMS fabrication, optical measurement, and radiative heat transfer measurement platform setup, etc.;
For the details of Position B, please contact Dr. Yue Yang at yangyue2017 at hit.edu.cn (replace at by @).
For the research interests of Dr. Yang, please follow the link below: http://www.hitsz.edu.cn/teacher/view/id-1159.html
Position C: Combustion
Several fixed-term positions available for two years.
The successful appointee will be working on: Alternative fuels combustion, Chemical Kinetic Modelling on Combustion (e.g. soot formation and RCCI characteristics), Laser Diagnostics on Combustion (e.g. soot and PAH detection), Low Emission Engine Technology and related topics.
Candidates should have a PhD in mechanical engineering, Aerospace engineering, chemical engineering or chemistry with skills in combustion. Experience in conducting laser-based combustion experimentations and/or chemical kinetics modelling are desirable. Interpersonal skills will be considered as the candidate will join a 15 person team. Oral and written skills in English are mandatory for dissemination during international conferences or peer reviewed scientific articles.
Experience in Paper Publications in Peer Reviewed Scientific Journal is strongly desired. PhD degree or will be granted PhD degree within half a year, no more than 35 years old.
More information about the Postdoctoral positions can be obtained from Associate Prof.dr. Lei Zhou. Email: L.Zhou at hit.edu.cn (replace at by @). Tel: +86 755 86143015.
For the research interests of Dr. Zhou, please follow the link below: http://www.hitsz.edu.cn/teacher/view/id-1302.html
Duties for all positions:
Duties and responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Perform experiment and/or numerical simulation;
- Publish high-quality papers;
- Present results of research at meetings at all levels – laboratory, institutional, national and international as appropriate;
- Acquire and maintain familiarity with relevant scientific literature and contribute to the academic environment of the laboratory and institute;
- Contribute to safe laboratory working environment;
- Contribute to the supervision of junior members and students within the laboratory;
Other selection criteria for all positions:
- Ability to work with limited supervision;
- Ability to apply research methodologies and quantitative/qualitative data analysis;
- Ability to interpret experimental data to plan subsequent experiments and troubleshoot techniques;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills for effective research collaboration and engagement;
- Ability to maintain confidentiality;
- Ability to bring the work to completion to obtain publishable results.
- Salary: 250,000-300,000 RMB per annum (180,000 RMB of which is tax free)
- Packages: Attractive packages offered by Shenzhen Municipal Government after the postdoc employment if you choose to work in Shenzhen as a researcher:
- 300,000 RMB (Tax free) research funding;
- 1,600,000 RMB (Tax free) only for eligible candidates;
Top up from State government: 600 000 RMB for two years for PhDs from top 200 universities (THE world university rankings).
The successful candidates will be working in University Town, Shenzhen, the third biggest city in mainland China.
Please send cover letter and CV to relevant supervisors by 15th Sep 2019. Candidates who are not contacted by 30th Sep 2019 are not shortlisted.
Apply for Postdoctoral Research Fellow in Microfluidics, Micro/nanoscale heat transfer or Combustion
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly