Post-Doctoral Research Fellow Department of Biostatistics & Bioinformatics
Post-Doctoral Research Fellow
Department of Biostatistics and Bioinformatics
Moffitt Cancer Center
The Department of Biostatistics and Bioinformatics at the H. Lee Moffitt Cancer Center, Tampa, Florida is seeking a highly motivated, independent, and collaborative postdoctoral research fellow interested in conducting exciting inter-disciplinary research. The Department currently has 17 faculty, 2 postdoctoral research fellows and approximately 25 staff engaged in a wide range of statistical and bioinformatics research and collaborations, including but not limited to, novel therapeutic and drug discoveries, prognostic and predictive biomarker developments, high throughput genomics, proteomics, next-generation sequencing data-based investigations, epidemiological studies, clinical trial designs, and personalized medicine studies.
- The post-doctoral research fellow will collaborate with faculty members within the department on statistical genomics and bioinformatics methodology projects, along with, collaboration on collaborative cancer research projects.
- Supervision and mentorship of the post-doctoral research fellow will be under the direction of Dr. Brooke Fridley, Department Chair.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Strong written and oral communication skills and the ability to work independently and with collaborators.
- Strong quantitative skills in the areas of biostatistics, statistical genomics and/or bioinformatics.
- Programming experience in statistical program R and scripting languages such as Perl/Python on Unix/Linux systems.
- Knowledge in biology or genetics is desired but not required.
- Learn research methods that directly relate to the scientific projects with limited direction and supervision.
- Collaborate on a variety of cancer and statistical/bioinformatics research projects
- Develop scientific writing and presentation skills, including grant proposals, manuscript preparation, and formal seminars presented to the Moffitt scientific community and at national scientific meetings.
- Work effectively within an interdisciplinary research team.
Credentials and Qualifications:
- Successful candidates must have a Ph.D. in statistics, biostatistics, bioinformatics or related field and relevant research training and experience.
A competitive salary and benefits package will be offered to the successful candidate. Review of applications will begin immediately. Interested applicants should attach to the application a single PDF file that includes a current CV with recent publications, a personal statement of scientific interests and goals (2-page maximum), and contact information for three references to Dr. Brooke Fridley (firstname.lastname@example.org).
More searches like this
- Life Sciences Full Time Healthcare/Hospital jobs in Tampa
- Bioinformatics Full Time Healthcare/Hospital jobs in Tampa
- Computational Biology Full Time Healthcare/Hospital jobs in Tampa
- Physical Sciences Full Time Healthcare/Hospital jobs in Tampa
- Computer Sciences Full Time Healthcare/Hospital jobs in Tampa