Associate Professor or Professor/Director, COAACH
Associate Professor or Professor/Director, Center for Outreach in Alzheimer's, Aging and Community Health
Primary Purpose of Position
North Carolina Agricultural and Technical State University (N.C. A&T) is seeking applications for the position of Director for the Center for Outreach in Alzheimer's, Aging and Community Health (COAACH). Both tenure and non-tenure track candidates are encouraged to apply. The position may be tenure-track at the rank of Associate Professor or Full Professor in Biology, biomedical sciences, or another health-related discipline. Faculty rank will be determined based on level of qualifications and experience. The successful candidate will teach 1-2 courses per year in his/her respective discipline and will conduct research and scholarly activities consistent with tenure and promotion expectations as well as service to the department, college and university. If the successful candidate is not hired in a tenure-track position, there will be no expectation of scholarly activities associated with tenure.
The Director is responsible for the administrative leadership and development of COAACH. The Director will assure operational efficiency and implementation of research and outreach programs and services. The Director reports directly to the Dean of the College of Science and Technology (CoST), and if tenure-track will also have a reporting relationship with the appropriate department and college.
The primary administrative duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Develop professional partnerships for COAACH and communicate with the CoST, local and national communities to expand networks for outreach and educational awareness in targeted health areas.
- Provide oversight for operations/programs to ensure achievement of major goals, strategies and performance targets, and report to CoST.
- Provide fiscal management of COAACH's budget.
- Build partnerships with potential donors to create new revenue streams to ensure financial sustainability of COAACH.
- Engage with the faculty within the Department of Biology, other departments within CoST, and across the university to build collaborations and seek extramural funding from National Institute of Health (NIH) and other funding agencies.
- Design and employ measures for operational assessment and accountability to ensure COAACH's compliance with established performance metrics of CoST.
- Conduct community-engaged research that addresses Alzheimer's, Aging and/or Community Health.
- Work closely with the COAACH Community Advisory Board and supervise COAACH support personnel.
- Conduct research at a level commensurate with a tenure track professor in CoST, whether or not the candidate is seeking tenure.
- Identify and mentor students and faculty in research and outreach.
Primary Function of Organizational Unit
The overall mission of COAACH is to improve healthy aging in diverse communities. COAACH is N.C. A&T's first formal Community Outreach Center and the first center of this type in the State of North Carolina on a Historically Black University's campus. The goal of COAACH is to improve health through outreach and increased health literacy, awareness and engagement among diverse communities. The four major cores of COAACH are: 1) community outreach and education, 2) intervention and support, 3) education and training, and 4) research in the field of Alzheimer's disease, aging, and community health.
Terminal degree or Ph.D. in Biology, biomedical sciences, or another health-related discipline. Three or more years of relevant experience related to the management/direction/oversight of programs that focus on the academic and research resources of a higher educational institution.
Preferred Years Experience, Skills, Training, Education
Previous fundraising experience preferred.
Working Title: Associate Professor or Professor/Director, Center for Outreach in Alzheimer's, Aging and Community Health
Position Number: 001648
Salary Range: Commensurate with education and experience
Position Type: Administrators and Research
Appointment Type: Permanent - Full-time
Tenure Track: Optional
FTE: 40 hours/week, 12 months
Posting Detail Information
Posting Number: EPA0909
Open Date: 04/08/2019
Open Until Filled: Yes
Open Until Filled Minimum Application Period Postings: Positions remaining posted after this date are continuing to accept applications, but may close at any time. Applications received by this date will receive full consideration, applications received after this date may receive consideration depending upon the status of the search: 05/08/2019
Date Position Available: July 2019
Special Instructions to Applicant
You must complete and submit an electronic application for employment to be considered. Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of completing an electronic application.
Applicants seeking Veteran's Preference must attach a DD 214 form. Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty with your application during the process of applying to the job posting. Final candidates are subject to criminal and sex offender background checks.
North Carolina A&T State University participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.
North Carolina A&T State University is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. No one who applies or seeks employment will be denied admission to or employment at North Carolina A&T State University on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, disabling condition, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or sexual orientation and sexual identity.
For more information and to apply, visit:
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency