Research Specialist I
Florida International University is recognized as a Carnegie engaged university. It is a public research university with colleges and schools that offers more than 180 bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral programs in fields such as engineering, international relations, architecture, law and medicine. As one of South Florida’s anchor institutions, FIU contributes $9.8 billion each year to the local economy. FIU is Worlds Ahead in finding solutions to the most challenging problems of our time. FIU emphasizes research as a major component of its mission. FIU has awarded over 200,000 degrees and enrolls more than 54,000 students in two campuses and three centers including FIU Downtown on Brickell, FIU @ I-75, and the Miami Beach Urban Studios. FIU also supports artistic and cultural engagement through its three museums: the Patricia & Phillip Frost Art Museum, the Wolfsonian-FIU, and the Jewish Museum of Florida-FIU. FIU is a member of Conference USA and has over 400 student-athletes participating in 18 sports. For more information about FIU, visit http://www.fiu.edu/.
The Herbert Wertheim College of Medicine is currently seeking a Research Specialist I to join our team of professionals.
- Directs, monitors and participates in research activities including, but not limited to, subject data collection, data entry, query resolution, and evaluation and analysis for research projects.
- Develop and implements strategies to ensure protocol compliance, such as: maintaining exceptional source documentation and providing timely and accurate reporting of data.
- Assists in developing lab procedures, and provides training in routine lab procedures and safety protocols.
- Under general supervision, performs a variety of defined research and laboratory tests and experiments according to prescribed protocols.
- Formulates research methods and suggests options for improving quality, identifies potential problems, recommends and implement solutions, and collaborates in the developments of new techniques.
- Co-authors publications and may co-present with principal investigator at meetings and/or conferences.
- Trains users in equipment/task operation and laboratory/project techniques, explains and demonstrate technology and equipment capabilities, operations, limitations and outcomes.
- Performs other related duties are required or as directed. The omission of specific duties do not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position.
Bachelor's degree in an appropriate specialization and four (4) years of experience or Master's degree and two (2) years of experience.
Previous experience in basic and/or translational research preferred.
HOW TO APPLY
For more information or to apply, please visit us on-line at http://careers.fiu.edu and reference job opening ID 517660. Qualified applicants must submit a letter of interest accompanying their curriculum vitae with names and addresses of three professional references.
FIU is a member of the State University System of Florida and an Equal Opportunity, Equal Access Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.