Investigator, Antibody Engineer
ViiV Healthcare is seeking a talented, creative investigator with expertise in antibody engineering, he/she will play a key role in the discovery and development of novel biotherapeutics. Join our multidisciplinary team and help advance therapies for HIV treatment/prevention/cure; furthering ViiV Healthcare’s mission “to leave no patient behind”. At ViiV Healthcare we are committed to development, building on the strengths of the individual, in the context of doing our best for patients.
We are an independent, global specialist HIV company that are committed to delivering innovative new options for the care and treatment of people living with HIV/AIDS.
Established in 2009 through a unique partnership between GSK and Pfizer, ViiV Healthcare combines the HIV expertise of GSK, Pfizer and Shionogi, who joined in 2012 following a long-term collaboration on the joint development of several novel integrase inhibitors.
- PhD OR MS degree in molecular/cellular biology or protein engineering
- PhD plus 2-5 years OR MS plus 5-10 years of relevant pharmaceutical industry and/or academic experience
ADDITIONAL REQUIRED SKILLS/COMPETENCIES
To be successful in the role, the candidate must have good leaderships skills, be organized, meet deadlines and be capable of handling multiple assignments simultaneously. The candidate should be able to understand, interpret, and effectively communicate complex scientific data with internal/external opinion leaders and stakeholders. Possess a good balance of creative and analytical skills and he/she must be a team player.
- Demonstrated knowledge of cellular/protein techniques in the realm of antibody/protein engineering with hands-on experience in modeling, construct design, cloning, expression and purification
- Experience with flow cytometry, automation and liquid handling Clinical/preclinical discovery of antibody based biotherapeutics in an industrial setting or laboratory setting
- Expertise in molecular biology tasks such as PCR-based cloning, construct design, site-directed mutagenesis, vector engineering, optimization of antibody expression etc.
- A track record of experience in protein structural modeling and use of modeling suites such as MOE, Schrodinger etc.
- Optimize /facilitate assay development (protein/protein and/or cell-based) for antibody characterization to select leads with good biophysical properties and low immunogenicity potential
- Experience with protein binding assays (Octet, Biacore, ELISA etc.) and protein analytics Selection, optimization and formatting of antibodies, Fabs or single chain fragments
More searches like this
- Life Sciences Full Time Biotech jobs in Research Triangle Park
- Biochemistry Full Time Biotech jobs in Research Triangle Park
- Bioengineering Full Time Biotech jobs in Research Triangle Park
- Biology Full Time Biotech jobs in Research Triangle Park
- Biomedical Sciences Full Time Biotech jobs in Research Triangle Park