Scientist - Proteomics, Center for Protein Degradation
Located in Boston and the surrounding communities, Dana-Farber Cancer Institute brings together world renowned clinicians, innovative researchers and dedicated professionals, allies in the common mission of conquering cancer, HIV/AIDS and related diseases. Combining extremely talented people with the best technologies in a genuinely positive environment, we provide compassionate and comprehensive care to patients of all ages; we conduct research that advances treatment; we educate tomorrow's physician/researchers; we reach out to underserved members of our community; and we work with amazing partners, including other Harvard Medical School-affiliated hospitals.
Dana-Farber Cancer Institute (DFCI) and Deerfield Management have entered a multi-year collaboration to create the Center for Protein Degradation (CPD) at DFCI led by Drs. Eric Fischer and Nathanael Gray. The goals of the Center for Protein Degradation are to create a next-generation protein degrader platform and interrogate and advance a large portfolio of protein degrader targets. This is an exceptional opportunity to join a newly founded research center that is pushing the boundaries of targeted protein degradation research and accelerating the translation of basic science into clinical solutions. Join our highly interactive team of scientists and associates to work on testing and creating new avenues of therapeutic intervention.
The Center for Protein Degradation (CPD) is seeking a highly motivated individual to join the proteomics teams as SCIENTIST. This individual will be centrally involved in the development of mass spectrometry methods to support various research projects. In addition to bench-based research, responsibilities will include laboratory management and organization.
- Independently plan, manage, and perform experiments relating to or supporting proteomics/mass spectrometry projects.
- Develop project proposals, timelines and resource needs. Monitor milestones and ensure deliverables are completed on time.
- Develop novel proteomics/mass spectrometry methods to support Center projects
- Design and execute standardized biological/biochemistry assays (e.g., BCA, bradford, colorimetric, western blots, etc.)
- Prepare proteomics/mass spectrometry samples per standard protocols
- Collaborate with scientific groups within the Center (e.g., chemistry and biochemistry teams) to guide compound optimization
- Collect and analyze experimental data and identify next steps based on outcomes
- Train research technicians and other scientific staff in methods/techniques and supervise on specific projects
- Interact and liaise with internal experts, external experts, academic groups, and CROs to establish collaborations and projects
- Prepare presentations and present project status and outcomes to Group Leads, Scientific Directors, and to external entities
- Prepare papers and publications, if necessary
- Maintain clear and accurate records of experimental work (e.g., experimental methods, results/findings)
- PhD degree in analytical chemistry, biochemistry, or a related discipline with at least 2 years of relevant postdoctoral experience, preferably in an industrial setting
- Demonstrated leadership in research projects related to drug development or translational applications
- Familiarity with the techniques common to translational research including, but not limited to flow cytometry, proliferation/ viability assays, genomics, and proteomics
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Scientific drive, demonstrated by a proven track record of publications in peer reviewed journals
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a collaborative and team environment
- Proficiency in all common Microsoft Office software
- Excellent organizational and prioritization skills. Strong attention to detail
- Experience in running multi-faceted projects is preferred
- Experience managing more junior staff is desirable
Dana-Farber Cancer Institute is an equal opportunity employer and affirms the right of every qualified applicant to receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, disability, age, ancestry, military service, protected veteran status, or other groups as protected by law.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2apply.net/dhg39nh36z6gvb2b