Assay Development Staff Scientist
Assay Development Staff Scientist in the Drug Discovery Institute
Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai is seeking enthusiastic, detail-oriented applicants for the position of Assay Development Staff Scientist in the Drug Discovery Institute to join a multi-disciplinary team working on drug discovery programs for CNS disorders. The School is one of the nation's leading medical schools, ranked in the top 20 schools for NIH funding. The Nash Family Department of Neuroscience at the Icahn School of Medicine is ranked number 1 in NIH funding and is undergoing rapid expansion. The Department offers an outstanding intellectual and multidisciplinary research environment with a commitment to translational research. State-of-the-art infrastructure and support is available in the Department and the closely associated Drug Discovery Institute (DDI).
The Assay Development Staff Scientist will provide top-level expertise in the design and development of primary and secondary assays for new target screening and medicinal chemistry projects. (S)he leads the operation of workflows within assay development group, validation for automation and screening. This person will coordinate work between physician scientists, medicinal chemists in the Institute and High Throughput Screening collaborators to optimize new assays.
- Designs, develops, validates and implements complex novel assays to support target validation and screening.
- Consults and advises Mt Sinai investigators to identify and cultivate new opportunities for assay development
- Broad expertise in across a variety of techniques and target classes
- Transient and stable cell lines, mammalian cell culture, cloning, biochemical and cell-based assays novel reporters.
- Enzymes, GPCRs, ion channels, protein-protein interactions, etc.)
- Develop and execute robust routine assays and data generation to support medicinal chemistry drug discovery efforts.
- Identify and evaluate new technologies, reagents and assay procedures.
- Procures and coordinates resources to ensure smooth transitions to HTS
- Supervises assay development team, manages business plan for the group
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills
Requirements: Individuals must have a Ph.D. or MSc in Biology or biochemistry
Individuals with Pharma industry experience in drug discovery, assay development, and high throughput screening automation are encouraged to apply.
Positions carry highly competitive salary and start-up packages. Interested candidates should submit their Curriculum Vitae and contact information for at least three professional references. Materials should be sent as a single PDF file, to:
Dr. Paul J. Kenny, Professor and Chairman
c/o Nora McLaughlin (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai