Senior Research Technologist
The World’s Brightest Minds Always Innovate
At St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital, we know what can be achieved when the brightest scientific minds face the fewest barriers. That’s why we provide world-class facilities. State-of-the-art technologies. Extraordinary support. And a collaborative, bench-to-bedside environment where you can see, firsthand, how your science translates into survival for the children we serve. Quite simply, at St. Jude, we encourage you to dream big, and we give you everything you need to be the force behind our cures.
Senior Research Technologist
Operates as an advanced-level Research Technologist by assisting the principal investigator with data collection and analysis for research projects. Properly conducts specific projects, maintains efficient laboratory operations and may assist in training other laboratory personnel. Performs other duties as assigned or directed in order to meet the goals and objectives of the department.
- Design and perform a variety of molecular biology and cell biology laboratory experiments and data analysis
- Experimentally determine methods and strategies to optimize yields for protein expression
- Ability to independently troubleshoot, solve difficult problems, and propose solutions related to assay design and execution
- Expertise with molecular biology techniques and proficiency in plasmid cloning
- Experience with bioreactor and protein/vector purification
- Ability to work effectively in a collaborative team environment where results are achieved through influence, cooperation, and the incorporation of multiple points of view
- Bachelor's degree in an appropriate scientific field is required
- A minimum of three (3) years total work experience as a SJCRH Research Technologist or three (3) years relevant post-degree experience in a similar research environment is required with a Bachelor's degree.
- A minimum of two (2) years total work experience as a SJCRH Research Technologist or two (2) years relevant post-degree experience in a similar research environment is required with a Master's degree.
- No experience is required with a PhD in a related field.
- Extensive experience with molecular biology methods including PCR, cloning, and DNA assembly
- Hands-on experience with methods employed for protein expression, purification, and analytical evaluation
- Chromatography skills including affinity and size exclusion chromatography.
- Must understand basic principles of DNA cloning, protein structure, protein purification, and protein characterization. Basic understanding of tissue culture, fermentation welcomed. Must be able to learn to apply these principals when analyzing generated data.
- Basic knowledge of protein characterization assays for concentration, purity, and integrity. These include, but are not limited to, immunoassays (ELISA), SDS-PAGE, Western Blotting, spectroscopy, and enzymatic assays.
- Independently motivated, detail oriented and good problem solving ability
- Excellent organizational skills, with an ability to embrace change and multi-task in an extremely fast-paced environment
- Excellent communications skills
- Working knowledge of analytical methods including LC-MS and HPLC preferred
Ready to join a team that is always innovating, because we believe anything is possible?
Apply now at: https://bit.ly/2FGcLe9
St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer. St. Jude does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, sex, genetic information, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, veteran’s status or disabled veteran’s status with respect to employment opportunities. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment. St. Jude engages in affirmative action to increase employment opportunities for minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities.