Zhejiang University of Technology International Talents Recruitment
Zhejiang University of Technology (ZJUT), located in Hangzhou, Zhejiang Province-the famous historic and cultural city in China and the world-renowned scenic tourist spot that has a reputation of “paradise on earth” is a provincial comprehensive key university in Zhejiang and the university is co-established by Zhejiang Province and Ministry of Education. The Fourth session of “Hangzhou Young Scholars” forum will be held in Zhaohui Campus of ZJUT, Hangzhou, China, from May 5th to May 6th, 2019. With a profound cultural background, pleasant working environment, highly competitive compensation package, and a promising prospect, the university sincerely welcomes talents from home and abroad.
I. Introduction of the university
ZJUT is among the first batch of key construction universities in Zhejiang Province, the leading unit in the first batch of national “2011 Plan” and the selected unit in the batch of national “111 Plan” with the comprehensive strength retaining among the top one hundred of the universities nationwide. With 66 undergraduate programs, ZJUT covers 11 major disciplines including philosophy, economics, law, education, literature, science, engineering, agriculture, medicine, management and art. And five disciplines including chemistry, engineering science, material science, environmental science and ecology, agricultural science are among the global top 1% of ESI. Along with 6 postdoctoral research stations, there are 9 centers of first-level disciplines authorized to offer doctorate and 29 centers of first-level disciplines authorized to offer master degree in the university. ZJUT equips itself with an excellent team of faculties. Among its 3,045 staff (2,137 are full-time teachers), there are 3 academicians of CAE (Chinese Academy of Engineering), 63 talents titled with National Special Support Plan for High-level Talents, Chang Jiang Scholars Program, National Science Fund for Distinguished Young Scholars. At present, the university has 18,965 undergraduates and 9,647 postgraduates (825 are doctorate candidates). ZJUT has a number of scientific research platforms such as National Key (cultivation) Disciplines, National Engineering and Technology Research Center, State Key Laboratory Cultivation Base, and National Base of International Scientific and Technological Cooperation, etc. In the past few years, nearly 500 scientific research achievements have been given national, provincial and ministerial awards with 23 items of National Science and Technology Awards and 6 items of Outstanding Achievement Awards in Humanities and Social Sciences of the Ministry of Education.
II. Forum agenda
The forum aims to set up a platform to carry out academic exchange, discuss the research hotspots, promote cooperation, deepen comprehensive understanding of the university and attract young scholars. Following is the schedule:
- April 15th, 2019: Application deadline
- April 25th, 2019: Invitation deadline
- May 4th, 2019: Check in
- May 5th, 2019, Morning: Main forum
- May 5th, 2019, Afternoon: College sub-forums
- May 6th, 2019, Morning: Signing ceremony of posts
III. Invited objects
Applicants should have doctorate of famous universities.
IV. Discipline areas
Chemical engineering and technology, chemistry, marine science, food science and engineering, materials science and engineering, bioengineering, environmental science and engineering, pharmacy, traditional Chinese pharmacy, mechanical engineering, power engineering and engineering thermophysics, control science and engineering, information and telecommunication engineering, computer science and technology, software engineering, civil engineering, urban and rural planning, architecture, business administration, applied economics, management science and engineering, mathematics, physics, optical engineering, Chinese language and literature, journalism and communication, design science, pedagogy, law, public management, foreign language and literature etc. or related fields.
V. Positions' requirements and treatment
i. “Si Qing” Talent Position
Outstanding scholars who have enrolled in the National Youth Talents Project
- Annual salary: RMB600,000 to 650,000 plus research awards
- Housing subsidy: RMB1.5 - 2.5 million; talents can also apply for a turnover house or talent rental house.
- Providing research start-up funds of RMB1-3 million; providing postgraduate recruitment quota according to policies
ii. Posts for distinguished talents
Excellent scholars can be hired as “Yun He Young Scholar” or professor at Zhejiang University of Technology after evaluation.
(i) Young scholars of “Yun He Scholar Program”
The applicants should have more than three-year overseas work experience in scientific research.
- Annual salary: RMB450,000 to 500,000 plus research awards
- Housing subsidy: RMB0.9-1 million; talents can also apply for a turnover house or talent rental house.
- Providing research start-up funds of RMB200,000 to 800,000; providing postgraduate recruitment quota according to policies.
(ii) Professor (Researcher)
Applicants should have more than one-year experience in overseas high-level universities or research institutes
- Annual salary: RMB250,000 to 300,000 plus research awards
- Housing subsidy: RMB800,000 to 850,000; talents can also apply for a turnover house or talent rental house.
- Providing research start-up funds of RMB100,000 to 200,000; providing postgraduate recruitment quota according to policies
(iii) Associate professors (Associate Researcher)
Applicants should have more than one-year experience in overseas high-level universities or research institutes.
- Annual salary: RMB180,000 to 220,000 plus research awards
- Housing subsidy: RMB700,000 to 750,000; talents can also apply for a turnover house or talent rental house.
- Providing research start-up funds of RMB50,000 to 100,000; providing postgraduate recruitment quota according to policies
The applicant should have a doctor’s degree or will have one before the end of 2019.
- Annual salary: RMB160,000 to 200,000 plus research awards
- Housing subsidy: RMB600,000 to 750,000; talents can also apply for a turnover house or talent rental house.
- Providing research start-up funds according to policies
iv. Annual salary system
Scholars planning to apply for national or provincial talents plan relying on Zhejiang University of Technology, majoring in school’s key discipline areas can be employed of annual salary system before being candidates of talents plan.
- Annual salary: RMB300,000 to 450,000 plus research awards
- Talents can also apply for a turnover house or talent rental house.
- Providing research start-up funds according to policies
- All children of high-level talents recommended by the university can attend Zhejiang University of Technology Kindergarten (Class A Kindergarten).
- The annual salary refers to the total annual income before tax (including unit-supporting social insurance part).
- The housing subsidy will be given in batches or borrowed in advance according to school policy.
VI. Participation subsidy
The scholars receiving the letter of invitation after registering for the forum and applying for related positions can obtain traffic allowance during the period of participation with the invitation (maximal 15,000 RMB for overseas scholars and maximal 6,000 RMB for domestic scholars).
According to the regulations, the airplane ticket is limited to the economy-class fares and the train ticket is limited to the second-class fares. The university provides accommodation for free during the forum.
VII. Registration method
Scholars with the intention to attend the forum please log in to the special site of the forum (http://www.rczp.zjut.edu.cn/) to download and fill in the "Forum Registration Form" and "Application Form for High-level Talents" on the corresponding bulletin page, and attach their resumes (including supporting materials). Register in the Juxian Talents System of Zhejiang University of Technology (http://www.ehr.zjut.edu.cn) for forum.
Address: No.18, Chaowang Road, Hangzhou, Zhejiang Province (Postcode: 310014)
Contact person: Mr.Chen, Ms.Jiang;