The Schmidt Ocean Institute is pleased to announce the opening for an Executive Director. The Executive Director will provide leadership to advance the initiatives of the organization and help SOI transition into a new era of scaling up oceanographic operations, research and conservation with cost-efficient, high-yielding technology-based science and engineering.
We are looking for:
- A visionary and strategic leader
- A leader with a passion for ocean technology and conservation
- A creative and efficient collaborator who increases impact and is able to implement visionary solutions to the most pressing ocean health issues
- Ready to lead the science, marine operations and communications teams and programs to organizational mission success
- A leader who ensures that projects are on track, modified as needed and evaluated relative to the organizational goals
- Able to deliver organizational excellence in administration and program delivery, financial stability, implementation of new initiatives while at the same time, leading and developing the Institute’s high performing team in a culture of collaboration
- A key communicator, both internally and externally, regarding the Institute’s activities and mission
IF YOU ARE READY TO LEAD THIS INNOVATIVE AND CREATIVE ORGANIZATION, HERE IS WHAT YOU NEED TO BE CONSIDERED:
- Interest in the Foundation’s mission and purpose
- Advanced working knowledge of the latest oceanographic technical platforms, software and machine science, oceanographic research vessels and deep sea science research
- Ability to manage and develop high-performance teams while managing a complex portfolio of projects
- Strong interpersonal and collaboration skills, internally and externally, and across technical and non-technical groups
- A track record of effectively leading an outcomes-based organization or program and staff with specific examples of operationalized strategies that have led to progressive organizational development.
- At least seven years of senior management/leadership experience, preferably with a non-profit in a director or executive director role
- An advanced degree within marine sciences, oceanography, climate science, engineering or related field.
Please send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Resume or CV
- Cover letter that addresses: How your experience and skills relate to the Executive Director position; and your thoughts on the direction of oceanographic research and how as Executive Director, you would facilitate key evolving trends at the Institute.
COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY
Schmidt Ocean Institute is an equal opportunity employer and strives to create an atmosphere where diversity of identity, experience, and background are welcomed, valued and supported. Schmidt Ocean Institute is committed to considering candidates for employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, disability and any other status protected under applicable law, and provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities.