New Vice Chair for Research Opportunity at The Ohio State University
Vice Chair for Research
The Ohio State University College of Medicine’s Department of Urology is seeking an exceptional and innovative scholar to lead a nationally recognized program as the Vice-Chair for Research. The position is full-time on the tenure-track, with rank and salary commensurate with education and experience. The successful candidate is a nationally/internationally respected researcher who has maintained an externally funded and independent research program with impact in or implications for the field of Urology. Demonstrated experience as a research mentor is required. Expertise in research administration is desired, but not mandatory.
The world is changing. Medicine is changing. Ohio State is leading the way.
The Vice Chair for Research will develop, implement, and monitor a research strategic plan in the Department of Urology. The Vice Chair for Research will also serve as a resource for research methodology, research project planning, and champion a culture of discovery. This individual will mentor urology trainees and other students to ensure sound project planning, execution, data analysis, and publication of results. She or he will work closely with faculty to develop research plans and proposals with an emphasis on future external funding through the identification of funding sources, grant workshops, and collaborative research opportunities. This individual will also provide assistance in the: 1) management of research budgets and research conflicts; 2) recruitment and oversight of research staff; and 3) development, maintenance, and circulation of research reports. Departmental service on key committees is expected. Joint appointments with other departments across the University will be available and encouraged.
Applicants must have:
- An MD, DO, MBBS, PhD or equivalent degree with formal training or credentials in a relevant discipline.
- An actively funded research program in basic, translational, clinical or health services research designed to directly or indirectly improve urologic health
- A record of scholarly achievement and funding capabilities appropriate to the applicant’s seniority and professional experience.
- Experience in mentoring trainees and/ or junior faculty
- Exceptional organizational and communication skills for work in an interdisciplinary department.
- Demonstrated commitment to recruitment, development, and retention of women and underserved minorities.
- Qualifications for an academic appointment at the Associate Professor or Professor rank
For consideration, candidates should submit their CV and letter of interest via confidential email to:
Trevor Bethel, FASPR
Manager, Physician and Faculty Recruitment
The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center
The Ohio State University is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status or protected veteran status.