code no. 2019/WP 3
The place of employment is Geesthacht (Germany).
The Helmholtz-Zentrum Geesthacht in Geesthacht, near Hamburg, and in Teltow, near Berlin, conducts materials and coastal research. You can find more information at http://www.hzg.de.
The department Metal Physics of the Helmholtz-Zentrum Geesthacht researches novel metallic and intermetallic light weight materials for cleaner and noise reduced aero engines of civilian aeroplanes. Research on those materials is undertaken using electron microscopy, in situ characterization at synchrotron sources and mechanical testing. We operate a high resolution abberation corrected FEI TITAN 80-300 transmission electron microscope, a Philips CM200 transmission electron microscope and a LEO Gemini scanning electron microscope with field emission gun.
For the technical support of those electron microscopes and the related equipment for specimen preparation we search at the earliest possible date a technician/engineer (m/f/d). The position is initially on a two year contract with a possibility to be extended to a permanent position.
- coordinate access to the instruments and instruct users on operation.
- undertaking smaller and coordinating larger maintenance and repair works in cooperation with the technical personal of the manufacturing companies and advise scientists in the proper execution of electron microscopy studies.
- you are either fully trained in a technical job or have an university degree in the fields of engineering or natural science
- we search someone able to interact in a team with varying professional and cultural backgrounds - a person having fun and motivation to work outside daily routine in a dynamic and changing working environment as is typical for modern research
- you have experience in the maintenance and supervision of complex technical instruments
- pre-experience in the fields of electron microscopy, metallography and materials science on the technical and/or scientific side is highly appreciated
- due to the members of our group, having a number of international backgrounds knowledge of German and English language should be sufficiently good to communicate
- a friendly, open and international working environment in our team and the challenge to participate in solving scientific questions beyond everyday routine
- multinational work environment with colleagues from more than 50 nations
- extensive options of vocational training (i. a. expert seminars, language courses)
- flexible working hours and various models to ensure the compatibility of family and career
- excellent infrastructure, including labs, research vessel, computer cluster, scientific in-house library as well as modern work spaces
- an appropriate salary related to the German public tariff (TV-AVH) plus the usual social benefits for the public employment sector
The promotion of equal rights is a matter of course for us. Severely disabled persons and those equaling severely disabled persons who are equally suitable for the position will be considered preferentially within the framework of legal requirements.
Please send your application indicating job offer code no. 2019/WP 3 including your CV, description of professional research experience and goals, and a list of up to three references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date for applications is April 30th, 2019.
Apply for Technician/Engineer (m/f/d)
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly