Head of Biological Standardisation, OMCL Network and HealthCare Department
Salary: 9 800€ [Gross, as of 1 January 2019] per month
Contract Type: Renewable fixed-term contract
Location: Strasbourg (France)
Reference: Vacancy Notice n° e14/2019
Deadline for applications: 15/04/2019
The Council of Europe www.coe.int and its European Directorate for the Quality of Medicines & HealthCare (EDQM) http://www.edqm.eu are looking for a scientist with solid international management experience to lead its Biological Standardisation, OMCL Network and HealthCare Department. This is your opportunity to have a real impact on the application of quality standards for safe medicines and their safe use worldwide and on the guidance and standards developed in the areas of blood transfusion, organ, cell and tissue transplantation, combatting falsified medicines and consumer health issues which help protect public health in Europe and beyond.
The main responsibilities of the job:
- Provide effective leadership to the Department in implementing the activities related to the Biological Standardisation Programme, the European Network of Official Medicines Control Laboratories (OMCL) and the European Network of Official Cosmetics Control Laboratories (OCCL), and the work of the Committees on Blood Transfusion, Organ Transplantation, Pharmaceuticals and Pharmaceutical Care, Cosmetic and Consumer Health and Food Contact Materials and Articles in line with the EDQM’s strategic objectives;
- The successful candidate will also oversee the planning, implementation, promotion and assessment of scientific co-operation activities with the European Union, the European Medicines Agency, the World Health Organization (WHO) and other international, European and national institutions.
What we look for in someone to undertake this role effectively:
- a higher education degree or qualification in pharmacy, biology or a similar subject;
- extensive experience (at least 8 years) in management functions in an international context and significant experience in European and international cooperation as well as corresponding working methods;
- profound knowledge of the European regulatory system for human and veterinary medicines and extensive experience in matters and regulations related to medicinal products, with a focus on the quality control of biologicals, acquired, for example, in a competent authority, an OMCL or the pharmaceutical industry, and/or profound knowledge and experience regarding quality, ethical and legal requirements for substances of human origin, e.g. blood, organs, tissues and cells acquired, for example, in a blood, tissue or cell bank or a transplantation agency;
- very good knowledge of one of the Council of Europe’s official languages (English or French) and good knowledge of the other.
What we offer:
- a meaningful job and visible role offering you the chance to work with European and international regulators and experts, national authorities and international organisations and contribute to a real impact on public health for millions of citizens not only of Europe, but worldwide;
- the chance to work in an ISO 9001 certified, multi-national/multi-cultural workplace – over 20 nationalities work at the EDQM which is situated in the European quarter of Strasbourg (a UNESCO World Heritage site);
- highly competitive, income tax-free salaries, an attractive benefits package including health insurance, additional allowances such as family and expatriation allowances (as appropriate) and an annual training programme.
Applications must be submitted by 15/04/2019 (midnight French Time) at the latest.
For more information on how to apply, please click the ' Apply' button.