Seven International Postdoctoral Fellowships in Metabolism
Novo Nordisk Foundation Center for Basic Metabolic Research
Faculty of Health and Medical Sciences
University of Copenhagen
The University of Copenhagen is seeking seven highly motivated and talented postdoctoral fellows to commence October 1, 2019 at the Novo Nordisk Foundation Center for Basic Metabolic Research, Faculty of Health and Medical Sciences.
Each postdoctoral fellow will receive a competitive package including salary and running costs for three years, and be part of an international scientific collaboration at the Maersk Tower www.maersktower.ku.dk.
The fellowships are aimed at early career researchers with a basic science background or clinicians who aspire to a career in academic medicine. We are particularly interested in candidates who are familiar with integrative research approaches within the broad area of basic metabolic research with an application towards human pathophysiology. The Center’s vision is to strengthen interdisciplinary research that transforms the basic understanding of mechanisms involved in metabolic health and disease, and to accelerate this knowledge toward new prevention and treatment strategies. Information about the Center can be found at www.cbmr.ku.dk.
Research projects open for applications
1. Principal Investigator Professor Juleen R. Zierath. Project title Time of Exercise Specifies the Rewiring of Muscle Metabolic Pathways and Systemic Energy Homeostasis. Read the full job advertisement and apply here https://employment.ku.dk/faculty/?show=149223
2. Principal Investigator Professor Torben Hansen. Project title Inuit Gut Microbiome and Host Genome Interactions in Health and Disease (MicrobArctic). Read the full job advertisement and apply here https://employment.ku.dk/faculty/?show=149220
3. Principal Investigator Associate Professor Tuomas O. Kilpeläinen. Project title Genetic Regulation of Longitudinal Trajectories Between Adiposity and Metabolic Dysfunction. Read the full job advertisement and apply here https://employment.ku.dk/faculty/?show=149224
4. Principal Investigator Professor Thue W. Schwartz. Project title Lactate and Ketone Bodies as Autocrine Signaling Metabolites. Read the full job advertisement and apply here https://employment.ku.dk/faculty/?show=149236
5. Principal Investigator Associate Professor Christoffer Clemmensen. Project title Decoding Neural Circuits Linking Energy Homeostasis to Locomotion. Read the full job advertisement and apply here https://employment.ku.dk/faculty/?show=149253
6. Principal Investigator Associate Professor Zach Gerhart-Hines. Project title Mitonuclear Control of Brown Adipose Metabolism and Systemic Energy Homeostasis. Read the full job advertisement and apply here https://employment.ku.dk/faculty/?show=149255
7. Principal Investigator Associate Professor Louise Whiteley. Project title Body Time: Metabolism, Multicyclic Being, and Temporal Environments. Read the full job advertisement and apply here https://employment.ku.dk/faculty/?show=149257
Read more at https://cbmr.ku.dk/postdocprogram.
Questions regarding the CBMR International Postdoctoral Program may be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
International applicants may find this link useful: www.ism.ku.dk (International Staff Mobility).
The advert is an extract which may not be used as the basis for an application. The full text for each of the seven research projects is available from www.cbmr.ku.dk/postdocprogram.
Deadline for applications is 22 April 2019.