PhD student (m/f/d)
A job opening is available in Vice President's Research Group "Molecular Allergology" at the next possible starting date
PhD student (m/f/d)
About the Paul-Ehrlich-Institut
We are a senior federal authority responsible for vaccines and biomedicines that performs scientific research in the field of life sciences. Our institute networks with national and international players, which makes it a competent partner for the general public, science, medicine, politics and economics.
Your Key responsibilities
Accumulating evidence suggests that food allergy is affected by nutritional components, the composition of the intestinal microbiota and bacteria-derived metabolites. As part of a collaborative European project we will investigate the immune modulating effect of different types of dietary fibres in experimental mouse allergy models. In line with this, gnotobiotic mice will be reconstituted with the intestinal microbes of food allergic patients for functional and mechanistic studies. Finally data will subjected to integrative analysis of the microbiomic, metabolomic epigenomic and immunologic profile.
Our Essential criteria for applying (fulfilled with hiring date)
- MSc (or equivalent - please give a hint in the application) in life sciences or related area
- Experience in experimental work with mice and immunological methods
- Interest in microbiology, food chemistry and epigenetics
- Problem solving skills, self-reflected and result-oriented working ethics
- Team player, and enthusiasm for immunology/allergy research
- Excellent communication skills in English
Our offer for PhD-Students
- State-of-the art protein biochemical, molecular biological and cell culture laboratories (S2) with in-house access to mouse SPF2 animal/breeding-, FACS/cell sorting-, MS-, and microscopy facilities
- A stimulating international research environment
- Participation in the PEP BIOMED-PhD program with in-house training courses and lectures on the regulation of vaccines/biomedicines
Our offer for all employers
A stable, multifaceted, and challenging position centrally located in the Rhine-Main area (Frankfurt) with good public transport connections (motorways/highways, airport, and fast commuter train). Being an employer in the German public service, we offer the usual social benefits.
The successful candidate will be employed on an initial 3-year fixed term contract. Part-time working is possible in principle. The payband is E 13 TVöD (Tarifvertrag für den öffentlichen Dienst, Collective Bargaining Agreement for the Public Service), 50 %. The assignment to a payband is made based on the consideration of your individual professional experience. Disabled candidates will be given preference if their skills and qualifications are equivalent to those of non-disabled candidates. The Paul-Ehrlich-Institut encourages gender equality and life-work balance, especially in respect to the family. For this purpose, we have various employment models to offer including flexible working hours (different forms of part-time work, homeoffice, no core time), child care facilities and various opportunities for further professional training. For more information, please visit our website.
Please send your application containing your job related education, experience and skills to our job application portal www.pei.de/stellenangebote by 10.04.2019 indicating Job ID 361.
For questions related to the job application, please contact Mrs. Melanie Peters (E-Mail: email@example.com, Telefon: +49 6103/77-1143) indicating Job ID 361.
We are looking forward to your job application.