Postdoctoral Fellow (Structural Biology, Imaging, Drug Discovery, Immunology)
Postdoctoral fellow. PhD in Biology, Biochemistry, Biophysics, Immunology, or Cell Biology with experience in structural biology, protein biochemistry, immunology, biophysical techniques, or single molecule super-resolution microscopy.
The Springer lab seeks outstanding, self-motivated postdoctoral fellows to drive innovative research projects and work in an environment with excellent mentoring and support. Candidates must be intellectually committed and capable of working independently. Strong communication and writing skills are essential, and postdoctoral fellows are expected to apply for fellowship grants.
Our lab works on receptor-ligand interactions and signal transmission across membranes. Mechanism, protein science, and extracellular interactions with therapeutic potential are emphasized. We use structural, cell biological, in vivo, protein and drug design and engineering, and high resolution techniques to answer important questions relevant to immunology, hemostasis, neurobiology, stem cell biology, mammalian biology, and human disease.
We have postdoctoral openings in the following areas:
- Structural and cell biology of integrins and integrin activation.
- Activation of TGF-β, BMP, and GDF family members both in vitro and in vivo.
- Discovery of novel receptor-ligand interactions and development of lead therapeutics in autoimmunity, inflammation, oncology, and fibrosis.
- In vivo investigation of the role of TGF-β and integrins in neurobiology and immuno-oncology using knockout mice and lead therapeutics,
- Mechanobiology, structure, and function of von Willebrand Factor.
Please see our website (https://timothyspringer.org/research) for more details about our research.
To apply, please submit a cover letter with detail on what project you want to pursue in the body of an email and CV and references as attachments to springer_jobs[at]crystal.harvard.edu with "Postdoctoral Fellow: SC-2019-03-18" in the subject field. Only applications sent to this email address will be reviewed.
Salary: Salary above NIH scale dependent on developing a strong postdoctoral fellowship proposal.
Apply for Postdoctoral Fellow (Structural Biology, Imaging, Drug Discovery, Immunology)
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly