Platform Leader For Microbial Genomics
Platform Leader for Microbial Genomics
We are looking for a suitable candidate to join the technology platform division at the Genome Institute of Singapore (GIS). GERMS is a GIS platform that provides comprehensive genomics solutions for studying the role of microbes in human health and diseases. The GERMS platform integrates GIS’ extensive experimental and analytical expertise in the study of viruses, bacteria, fungi, parasites and microbiomes.
The platform supports everything from small to large studies involving genome sequencing, transcriptomics, functional genomics, metagenomics as well as custom applications. We partner with research and clinical groups around the world to study health and infection in single patients to whole hospitals, communities and beyond.
As the leader of GIS Efficient Rapid Microbial Surveillance (GERMS) platform, you will work closely with a highly motivated, cross-functional, service-centered laboratory team. In this role you will report to the deputy executive director of GIS.
- Lead, facilitate and provide specialised expertise to a technology platform focused on microbial genomics.
- Provide technical support, service and consultancy to infectious disease, food safety, nutrition, and environmental science related research communities and industries.
- Engage with clinical community and public agencies to promote and facilitate the use of genomics for viral and bacterial outbreak investigations
- Strengthen relationship with existing GIS partners, including healthcare institutions, consumer care and pharmaceutical companies, and establish new customers in food and nutritional industries.
- Deepen collaboration with other technology platforms; and build a strong working culture that promote mission-oriented, goal-driven, and collaborative effort; and strive for both excellence and efficiency.
- PhD in microbiology or microbial genomics (either experimental or computational) or related scientific fields
- At least 5 years of professional experience in a microbial genomics laboratory environment (either experimental or computational)
- Excellent communication, presentation and networking skills; and strong leadership
- Extensive experience in service-oriented laboratory management; Involvement in management of complex projects of various qualifications and cultural backgrounds
- Established expertise in the investigational and genomic study of microbes; particular experience in applying this to nutrition or food safety is a plus.
- Deep understanding of genome sequencing technologies, broad knowledge of other genomic technologies, and experience in data management
- Has relevant professional both national and international networks and collaborations e.g. industry, universities, research facilities, consortia, alliances.
The Genome Institute of Singapore offers a competitive salary and a complete benefits package that ensures a very high living standard in one of the most modern cities in the world.
About the Genome Institute of Singapore
The Genome Institute of Singapore (GIS, A*STAR) is the national flagship program for genomic science in Singapore. GIS is located within the Biopolis, the biomedical research of hub of Singapore which houses, in close proximity, research institutes under the Agency of Science, Technology and Research (A*STAR), biotech startups and international pharmaceutical corporations.
The applicant would have the opportunity to interact with scientists, bioinformaticians, clinicians, engineers and other professionals from all over the world in a vibrant, intellectually stimulating and scientifically curious setting. You will be part of a vibrant scientific community where you will have the opportunity to share your ideas and demonstrate your skills and passion for scientific research. You can find out more about the Genome Institute of Singapore online: https://www.a-star.edu.sg/gis/
Singapore is a city-state with one of the highest standards of living in the world seeking to become an international hub for the biomedical sciences. Singapore is a vibrant, tropical city, with rich Asian heritage and modern style of living, an ideal gateway to explore Asia, providing a unique experience and an excellent quality of life.
Contact and further information
Those interested to apply, please send your application including CV, publication list and names of three referees to Jianjun Liu (email@example.com) and cc firstname.lastname@example.org.
Genome Institute of Singapore
A*STAR Research Entities (ARES)
60 Biopolis Street