Food Science Leadership Opportunity
Science Team Leader, Meat Quality
The role and opportunity
AgResearch's Food & Bio-based Products Group have recently experienced a great deal of growth and, due to this, are looking for a highly motivated and passionate Science Team Leader to join the Meat Quality team in Palmerston North.
Reporting to the Science Group Leader you will lead the Meat Quality team and manage research projects to deliver high quality scientific and commercial outputs. This opportunity would suit an experienced and reputable scientist, well connected with industry stakeholders, that has a sound understanding of the current challenges and trends regarding food production, processing and regulation and consumption.
What you will be doing
- Leading an engaged and high performing team to deliver group strategy/roadmap.
- Identifying new opportunities in R&D and delivering high quality scientific research within budget.
- Contributing to and leading the development of successful internal and external funding proposals that attract significant revenue and offer solutions to existing and new customers.
- Establishing, building and maintaining relationships with stakeholders and customers.
- Contributing to the advancement of scientific knowledge by actively participating in industry events and staying active in the wider food research communities.
- Demonstrating science credibility by publishing research in world leading publications.
- Contributing to the leadership of the Food & Bio-based Products Group.
- Setting science, capability and people vision/strategy for the team.
- Coaching and leading a passionate and motivated team, creating a positive culture and supporting the professional development of employees to achieve performance objectives.
Your ideal background
- PhD degree that includes at least 10 years of research work relevant to food or meat sciences.
- International reputation based on knowledge and in-depth expertise in food sciences such as meat science or equivalent.
- Proven track-record providing thought leadership and innovative solutions in the agricultural and food sectors.
- Noteworthy international peer-reviewed publication record.
- Excellent leadership and project management skills.
AgResearch provide a diverse range of benefits including flexible working options that help our staff balance their own lifestyle and needs with their work commitments. You can view the full list here: http://www.agresearchcareers.co.nz/working-here/our-benefits/
How to apply
If this sounds like you, apply today on the link to the right of this advert with a CV and covering letter detailing why you feel you would be suitable for this position.
For a confidential discussion contact Stefan Clerens via email on Stefan.firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close Wednesday 10 April 2019 at 5.00pm.