Venture Builder for Health Care & Artificial Intelligence
The new Venture Builder will operate within MIT and lead a team through all phases of new venture discovery, conception, and launch. The position is not part of a business plan competition. Rather, the Venture Builder will originate ideas at MIT.
- Work within the MIT ecosystem to formulate and explore new venture concepts based on breakthrough research and technology insights.
- Facilitate a broad engagement across MIT, including students, post-docs and faculty.
- Work closely with the Proto-Venture Advisory Board to lead discovery and exploration direction, potentially serving as a director of a founding scientific team, and potentially providing support for business development and other similar strategic functions.
- Represent MIT Proto-Ventures Program at external events.
- Explore intellectual property landscape and define opportunity for developing and capturing novel and broad intellectual property protection.
- Define key scientific experiments and establish new venture plans and budgets
- Engage internal and external scientific and research experts.
- Recent PhD in a scientific discipline. Experience in Health Care, Artificial Intelligence, or in related disciplines.
- Experience in translation of technology, leading research teams or building ventures based on research.
- Previous experience in Health Care and/or Artificial Intelligence.
- Scientifically creative thinker with a visionary, optimistic outlook
- Demonstrated business acumen with a keen sense for value based on a broad understanding of all aspects of business e.g. intellectual property, R&D, finance, manufacturing, marketing and sales
- Strategic planning and building skills with sound scientific skills, analytical ability, good judgment and strong operational focus
- Adaptable, resourceful and entrepreneurial, undaunted by technical and operational challenges
- Excellent communication skills, with ability to craft and convey compelling vision of the future
- Strong leader and team builder, with the ability to develop and encourage a group of scientific professionals and executives, and to build a culture of innovation, perseverance, and agility
- Maintain high level of trust and integrity under strict confidentiality
- Entrepreneurial resourcefulness/business acumen
- Leadership and team building skills
- Communication skills
Successful Candidate will be expected to:
- Identify research opportunities across MIT
- Guide a venture to successful exit from MIT
- Engage faculty, post-docs and students
- Assemble a team and spur and lead ideation