Rejenevie Therapeutics, LLC (formerly known as Advanced ReGen Medical Technologies, LLC) is seeking a highly-motivated Senior Scientist that has experience conducting highly technical research within the area of stem cells and molecular medicine. The Senior Scientist will become part of a team dedicated to the development of innovative technologies in the field of regenerative medicine. The position will operate at Rejenevie’s research laboratory within the Okyanos Global Health Innovation Center in Houston, TX. The Innovation Center is a state-of-the-art research facility designed to accelerate scientific discovery and commercialization. The Senior Scientist will work with the Lead Scientist and Director of Research to expand the company’s core stem cell restoration technology and support clinical development of their lead cell therapy product. The position will require periodic travel to the company’s GMP laboratory within their affiliated regenerative medicine clinic in Freeport, Bahamas to lead a clinical manufacturing team for patient treatment. This opportunity offers an exceptional environment to apply principles of regenerative medicine to discover, develop and commercialize novel cellular and molecular therapies.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Perform highly skilled hematopoietic stem cell and cellular immunology techniques, including becoming proficient in the company’s proprietary cell culture technology to restore aging stem and immune cell function.
- Perform highly skilled techniques including isolation of exosomes and small non-coding RNA.
- As directed, contribute to the development of ‘humanized’ mice, using a strain of severely immunodeficient mice.
- Perform various research and technical operations relative to ongoing investigatory activities of the laboratory.
- Participate in the development of performance standards, selection of methodology and instrumentation and coordination of the analytical, biochemical, and instrumentation functions with research areas to ensure conformance with the goals and objectives of the research program.
- Assist in the conducting of continuous program of research and development regarding new procedures and instrumentation functions of the laboratory.
- Develop a proficiency in current drug development and regulatory guidelines supporting both molecular and cellular therapeutics through continuous survey and review of the existing literature.
- Perform or oversee the execution of verification and validation testing
- Write clear, data-driven technical summaries and test reports
- Excellent team working and people skills
- Be able to travel up to 20% of your time.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- Ph. D. Degree or equivalent in a biological or other relevant science within a minimum of 5-10 years of relevant research experience within the fields of molecular and/or cellular biology.
- 2-3 years of related work experience, preferably within a commercial laboratory.
- Must be proficient in human cell culture techniques, preferably with primary cells and adult stem cells.
- Knowledge of flow cytometry and cellular immunological techniques is required.
- Must have some experience in qPCR, microscopy, and cloning.
- The ideal candidate would have experience working with mouse models of bone marrow transplantation as well as in techniques relevant to hematopoietic stem cell biology, such as methylcellulose colony-forming assay.
- The ideal candidate would also have some knowledge of exosome biology and relevant techniques.
- Knowledge of cGLP/cGMP principles, and familiarity with assay development is preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and problem-solving ability
- Excellent analytical and presentation / writing / communication skills
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint and Excel) and Adobe Acrobat