Research Fellow/ Postdoctoral Fellow - Electrophysiology
DEPARTMENT of ANATOMY
SCHOOL of BIOMEDICAL SCIENCES
The Department of Anatomy is one of the largest and longest-established departments at the University of Otago. Our staff teach and research a diverse range of exciting topics in the field of biomedical sciences, including neuroscience.
The successful applicant will be responsible for leading (as Research Fellow) or contributing to the leadership of (as Postdoctoral Fellow) projects investigating electrophysiological changes following brain injury, stroke and in response to drug addiction.
Duties will include:
- Planning and conducting experiments to support the research programme.
- Patch-clamp electrophysiology.
- Statistical analysis of data.
- Supervision and training of students.
- Dissemination of research findings.
- Preparation of grant applications and pursuing funding opportunities.
- Progress reports to the funding organisation(s).
Your Skills and Experience
- PhD in a relevant neuroscience field.
- Extensive experience with performing patch clamp electrophysiological recordings from brain slices.
- Evidence of peer-reviewed publications within the field of neuroscience.
- For Research Fellow: at least three years postdoctoral experience.
- For Research Fellow: evidence of successful grant writing.
This is a full-time, fixed-term position for 16 months. The position is available for immediate start.
Depending on skills and experience this position will be appointed as either a Postdoctoral Fellow or Research Fellow.
The salary rate for a Postdoctoral Fellow is $75,896.
The appointment range for a Research Fellow is $78,445 to $93,821
Applications quoting reference number 1801900 will close on Sunday, 31 March 2019.
To view all current vacancies and to apply online go to: https://otago.taleo.net/careersection/2/jobdetail.ftl?job=1801900
Equal opportunity in employment is University policy.
E tautoko ana Te Whare Wananga o Otago i te kaupapa whakaorite whiwhinga mahi.