Postdoctoral Fellow in Immunology-Microbiome Research (IBD focused)
An opportunity is available for a Postdoctoral Research Fellow in the laboratory of Dr. Ken Croitoru based at the University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada. The Croitoru laboratory (http://croitorulab.com/) is interested in understanding the molecular mechanisms behind genetic, environmental and microbial factors that contribute to the development and progression of Inflammatory Bowel Disease using patient samples, mouse models and in vitro studies.
Under the guidance of Dr. Croitoru the candidate is expected to draft and present research plans and projects, carry out individual experiments, analyze and present data, prepare manuscripts for publication and present data at national and international meetings.
We are looking for a highly motivated scientist with a track record of creativity in developing experimental strategies and a knowledge base in any or all of the following: mucosal immunology; T cell biology; animal models; and microbiome analysis. A PhD in Immunology, Molecular Biology, Cell Biology or a related field, is required.
- Ph.D. degree in Immunology / Molecular biology / Biotechnology / Life sciences / Pathology/ Cellular Biology
- Experience in mouse handling, tissue culture, immunohistochemistry, microscopy and molecular biology
- Must be a team player, versatile, flexible, and self-motivated with strong communication/organizational skills and attention to detail
- Imaging methods (confocal laser scanning microscopy) would be an asset
- Flow cytometry would be an asset
- Demonstrated outstanding work performance
To apply, please include academic curriculum vitae, a brief description of research accomplishments and future interests, as well as contact information for three references.