Project Team Leader - Ophthalmology
In Roche pRED Ophthalmology TA part of the I2O DTA (Immunology, Infectious Diseases and Ophthalmology), we combine world-leading science in areas where we have a long and successful track record with new avenues of research that hold tremendous promise for millions of patients and their caregivers worldwide.
The Project Team Leader (PTL) in ophthalmology is a senior leader within pRED and acts as the “General Manager” of projects, which means assuming full accountability for the delivery of assigned project(s) (strategy & budget), improving its value for pRED and Roche within the program’s strategic context as agreed with Governance Committees.
You will represent the best interests of the project and Roche by providing high quality strategic leadership to early global cross-functional disease area project teams within pRED.
You will define, lead, motivate, challenge and organize the global project team collectively and individually to define and execute a cutting-edge project strategy in accordance with its goals and budget and in alignment to the Ophthalmology TA.
To be more specific, you will:
- Lead the project team in defining a clear vision, strategy, objectives and overarching plan. Ensuring the incorporation of options according to the principles of time, cost and risk and addresses technical, regulatory, business and operational needs.
- Enable a seamless transition to Late Development by ensuring top quality input into the early development strategy from colleagues outside pRED, including clinical development, commercial, regulatory and safety colleagues. You will provide critical, cross-functional input into disease area (and pRED ) strategy.
- Be accountable for the identification, prioritization and facilitation all key decisions associated with assigned projects
- Set clear direction for the global early development strategy from CCS to POC, assuring deliverables are met for project transition to lifecycle
- Resolve critical issues that impact the value of the project
- Be accountable for ensuring that all team members and functions are aligned behind the objectives of the team and inspires team to achieve challenging goals
- Interact with functions to ensure that appropriate resources are allocated at the appropriate time and aligned with agreed plan. Intensifies expediently if resource and budget impedes progress according to agreed plan
- Lead teams to create and document an integrated early research and development project plan and secures agreement on transition plan for life cycle transition of project in direct
- Serve as the interface between the TA (Translational Area) and partner functions on project-related issues; builds effective cross-functional working
Who you are:
A Scientific background in Ophthalmology ideally completed by a MBA or equivalent with at least 8 years in the pharmaceutical or biotech companies with a broad cross-functional experience in drug development, in early stage is required.
As a senior leader in our organization, possessing a strong strategic acumen, not only within assigned projects but in contribution to larger disease area strategies as well as exemplary matrix team leadership skills, is required.
You can justify a strong track record in influencing and inspiring teams and senior management, delivering a clear and compelling narrative for their project(s), and be able to advocate successfully at that level.
You demonstrated your knowledge of the scientific, technical, regulatory and business requirements for successful development projects and are familiar with budget preparation/analysis and handling multidisciplinary teams in a global and matrix environment.
You have excellent communication and presentation skills.
If you still have questions then please check our FAQs and videos on careers.roche.ch/faq.
Roche is an equal opportunity employer.