Research Analyst- Science Policy Research
The IDA Science and Technology Policy Institute (STPI) is a non-profit, federally funded research and development center that provides analytical support to the White House Office of Science and Technology Policy (OSTP) and other federal departments and agencies on science and technology (S&T) policy issues.
STPI takes pride in the high caliber and timeliness of its analyses, which are produced in an atmosphere that encourages independent thinking to achieve objective results. Work at STPI often involves multidisciplinary research in diverse teams. STPI staff work closely and regularly interact with federal sponsors.
The Research Analyst will work with OSTP, Federal agencies, and inter-agency committees and staff to envision, coordinate, and evaluate national initiatives and policies related to S&T.
- Ph.D. or a terminal degree in a science or engineering field, with 5+ years of research or policy experience after terminal degree.
- Experience communicating and writing about science and technology policy.
- Candidates with demonstrated experience working with Federal agencies are desirable.
- Experience working and leading in a collaborative environment.
- Ability to apply technical and analytical skills to a broad portfolio of science and technology policy issues preferred.
- Candidates should submit a brief cover letter describing their policy interests, skill sets, and specific abilities that are applicable to this job.
U.S. Citizenship is required
Ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance is required
Equal Opportunity Employer