Research Fellow Position
Postdoctoral research fellow position in genomic studies of neuropsychiatric disorders at University of California, San Diego
Dr. Chi-Hua Chen’s laboratory is conducting research to understand gene-brain-behavior relationships and translate genomic knowledge for improved therapeutics. We are looking for highly motivated individuals to join our team for imaging genomics research in neuropsychiatric disorders and Alzheimer’s disease at the Center for Multimodal Imaging and Genetics at UC San Diego. Our research projects include 1) genotype-phenotype mapping to identify genetic variants associated with brain structure in large-scale human population samples, all with MRI and genotype data; 2) translational research for genomic-guided drug target identification for brain disorders.
For qualified candidates, there are excellent opportunities to pursue research interests in neuroimaging genomics, statistical modeling, bioinformatics, and brain disorders in a multi-disciplinary research setting. Salary and benefits are commensurate with research experience and accomplishments, and determined by NIH guidelines. The position is available to start immediately. The successful applicant should have:
- PhD in biostatistics, bioinformatics, statistical genetics, computer science, neuroimaging or a related field. An MS or BS is acceptable if there is an exceptional record of past experience.
- Knowledge of programing in Linux shell scripts, R, python or Matlab
- Knowledge in biostatistics, bioinformatics or machine learning
- Experience to manipulate genomic or neuroimaging datasets
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Good skills in written and spoken English.
If interested, please email a cover letter (max 2 pages), a current CV, and contact information for no less than three references to Mary Roberson at: email@example.com.
Position will be open until filled.