Social Media and Communications Manager (m/f/x) with high affinity to life sciences full time
Social Media and Communications Manager
Playing a key role in communications management and the creation and implementation of our new social media strategy, we are looking for a creative and enthusiastic social media and communications manager to join our international team of scientists and administrative professionals at CeMM.
In this exciting role you will develop and design communications concepts for CeMM, an international top research center for molecular medicine, located at the heart of Europe, Vienna. You will design our new social media strategy, including social media guidelines, you will be responsible for the day-to-day management of all social media platforms and you will develop and implement effective, suitable PR actions. You will collaborate with our team of scientists and you will maintain and expand our network of media partners. In your day-to-day business you will manage all social media communication, you will ensure regular social media posts and you will produce press releases, as well as texts for internal and external communication.
This role is key in projecting the research results and the mission of our institute, and with your communications work and skills you will contribute actively in shaping the future and perception of our institute. In this position you will be part of the administrative team leader group, you will work together closely with the PR and event manager, and you will report directly to the managing directors of our research institute.
You are a communications expert with professional experience in public relations and social media management, and an academic background in life sciences. With your project management skills, your hands-on approach and your strong ability to realize ideas, you put concepts into practice. For this position we are looking for a communications and writing talent with excellent English skills, and a high level of motivation and commitment, sharing the mission and corporate values of our organization.
The mission of CeMM, the Research Center for Molecular Medicine of the Austrian Academy of Sciences is to achieve maximum scientific innovation in molecular medicine to improve healthcare. At CeMM, an international and creative team of scientists and medical doctors pursues free-minded basic life science research in a large and vibrant hospital environment of outstanding medical tradition and practice. CeMM’s research is based on post-genomic technologies and focuses on societally important diseases, such as immune disorders and infections, cancer and metabolic disorders. We operate in a unique mode of super-cooperation, connecting biology with medicine, experiments with computation, discovery with translation, and science with society and the arts, and train a modern blend of biomedical scientists to make great contributions. The goal of CeMM is to pioneer the science that nurtures the precise, personalized, predictive and preventive medicine of the future.
Your key tasks in this position:
- Development and design of internal and external communication concepts, implementation of internal actions as well as outreach activities
- Development and execution of social media strategy
- Responsible for content creation and management along with planning and execution of existing and new social media platforms and websites
- Writing press releases
- Liaising with media partners
- Professional experience in science communication or PR management
- Life science background (e.g. BSc or MSc diploma or PhD in a life sciences discipline) or experience in scientific writing, creating press releases and/or social media content for an academic institution
- Proven past experience in working on the key social media platforms (Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube, Facebook) and in managing social media channels for an organization
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Experience in designing social media strategies
- Good command of German
- Communication talent
- Project management skills
- Very good MS office skills
- Excellent time management skills, efficient and pro-active workstyle
- High level of dedication and flexibility
- An exciting and collaborative work environment at the forefront of biomedical research.
- Diverse set of tasks in a meaningful, inspiring, international setting.
- An attractive employee benefits package including health insurance, company health care, competitive holiday allowance and daily bonus for the in-house cafeteria.
- Our team of HR professionals supports your relocation to Vienna, ranked as most liveable city worldwide.
- An annual salary (gross) of min. EUR 55,000 on a full time base. The salary is compliant with the applicable collective agreement including an overpayment depending on the qualifications of the applicant.
CeMM aims to promote equality of opportunity for all with the right mix of talent, competences and potential. We welcome applications from candidates with diverse backgrounds. Please upload your application documents (cover letter and CV) to https://cemm.jobbase.io/job/yelj4mer
Closing date for applications: March 31, 2019
Kindly note that candidates will be contacted by our team on rolling basis.