Arrowhead is seeking a highly motivated, industry experienced scientist/senior scientist to join its process development group within the Chemistry Department. S/He will be expected to:
· Design and synthesize novel compounds for biological testing, and/or develop conditions for the preparation and isolation/purification of novel investigational compounds.
· Drive structure-activity relationship optimization to achieve project goal
· Characterization and identification of compounds using modern analytical methods including HPLC, LCMS and NMR
· Present research findings to project teams and governance bodies and prepare technical reports
· Maintain a high level of productivity in the lab and perform experiments
· Be creative and innovative in problem solving
The successful candidate should have a B.S. or M.S. degree with at least 5 years of experience in in the pharmaceutical or related industry, or PhD in synthetic organic chemistry.
· Working knowledge of common analytical techniques, including the ability to independently conduct the analyses and accurately interpret the obtained data.
· Demonstrated track record of innovative scientific publications in high-profile journals or patents
· Superior laboratory skills and adherence to laboratory safety
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
· Experience in chemical biology is a plus
Experience working with the design and execution of multistep synthetic routes. Understanding of the drug development process.