Lund University, MAX IV, Project Office
Lund University was founded in 1666 and is repeatedly ranked among the world’s top 100 universities. The University has 40 000 students and 7 400 staff based in Lund, Helsingborg and Malmö. We are united in our efforts to understand, explain and improve our world and the human condition.
MAX IV is a Swedish national large-scale research laboratory hosted by Lund University. It provides scientists from Sweden as well as internationally, with state-of-the-art instrumentation for research in areas such as engineering, physics, structural biology, chemistry and nanotechnology. Fully developed it will receive more than 2 000 scientists annually, conducting ground-breaking experiments in materials and life sciences using the brilliant X-ray light. As a national laboratory, MAX IV is operated in agreement with governmental regulations, and in compliance with major funders such as the Swedish Research Council (VR) and the Wallenberg Foundation. 250 people are currently employed at MAX IV Laboratory, and 16 beamlines are funded. The facility is in a ramp-up phase with 3 beamlines now receiving users and 13 more scheduled to be commissioned and built to receive users within the next few years. The facility is dimensioned for 25-28 beamlines.
MAX IV is currently in the process of building up several experimental stations. Together with R&D activities the lab currently has on the order of 100 separate projects or subprojects running internally, in various phases and degrees of resource use or waiting to be initiated. We are now looking for a Portfolio Manager to lead our project office. The mission for the project office is to define and implement processes to manage our portfolio of development projects.
Responsibilities for the project office
- Manage the portfolio of development projects at MAX IV according to priorities set by management.
- Coordinate MAX IV internal resources available for project activity
- Define deadlines, assign responsibilities, and monitor project progress
- Regularly communicate all aspects of project management necessary to meet project goals to project managers and resource owners
- Develop a risk management plan to minimize risk project delay
- Develop a comprehensive plan to measure and track project progress and performance.
- Coordinate and manage the portfolio documentation.
- Prepare regular reports for management regarding project status.
- Develop and implement project management structure and tools at MAX IV.
- We are looking for someone with great project management skills and several years of proven track record of managing a portfolio of large and complex projects at a major laboratory, scientific facility, or industrial facility.
- A university degree within engineering, physics, or related technical/scientific field.
- Extensive experience managing a large and diverse team of professionals.
- Organizational skills including awareness to details while maintaining the big picture.
- Previous experience of establishing a well-functioning project organization.
- Ability to make and execute project-critical and timely decisions within given mandate.
- Communication skills, verbal and written, in English
- As a person you are performance oriented setting high goals for yourself and others. But still aware that being successful in this role you will need to have a talent for leading and motivating others, creating commitment and participation so that goals will be reached. You will report directly to MAX IV management.
Probationary period may apply.
On call services may apply in the future.
Lund University welcomes applicants with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We regard gender equality and diversity as a strength and an asset. We kindly decline all sales and marketing contacts.
Type of employment Permanent position Contract type Full time First day of employment As per agreement Salary Monthly salary Number of positions 1 Working hours 100 % City Lund County Skåne län Country Sweden Reference number PA2019/514 Contact
- Mugeni Nuamu, acting Portfolio manager, +46 76 645 71 44
- Anna-Lena Torstensson, HR,for questions regarding , recruitment +46462224008
- OFR/S:Fackförbundet ST:s kansli, 046-222 93 62, firstname.lastname@example.org
- SACO:Saco-s-rådet vid Lunds , 046-222 93 64, email@example.com
Published 14.Feb.2019 Last application date 07.Apr.2019 11:59 PM CET