Postdoctoral Scholar - Research Associate
USC's Herman Ostrow School of Dentistry, Center for Craniofacial Molecular Biology is looking for a talented Postdoctoral Scholar - Research Associate to join its team.
The Postdoctoral Scholar-Research Associate will serve as a research trainee for the purpose of enhancing and developing research competencies. Participants in planning, designing and conducting highly technical and complex research projects under the direction of a supervisor. May or may not work independently. Analyzes research data and provides interpretations. Contributes to the development of research documentation for publication and/or prepares technical reports, papers and/or records. Temporary, fixed-term; one year and renewable on the recommendation of the faculty mentor and at the discretion of the dean. May be renewed up to a maximum of five years.
* Identifies, researches, compiles and evaluates data sources, background information and/or technology related to area of specialization.
* Analyzes and evaluates research data utilizing computers and provides interpretations requiring significant knowledge of a specialized area of research.
* Searches literature, utilizing all available resources including electronic, regarding new methodology and designs experiments accordingly.
* Contributes to the development of research documentation for publication and/or prepares technical reports, papers and/or records.
* Operates and maintains sophisticated laboratory/scientific equipment.
Performs other related duties as assigned or requested. The university reserves the right to add or change duties at any time.
USC is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law or USC policy. USC will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring*