Director of the Małopolska Centre of Biotechnology at Jagiellonian University in Krakow
Director of the Małopolska Centre of Biotechnology
at Jagiellonian University in Krakow
Jagiellonian University in Krakow, Poland, is looking for an experienced person to control and oversee all research operations, people and ventures for the Małopolska Centre of Biotechnology that is a multidisciplinary research Institute for postgraduates. It is located at Jagiellonian University’s new Campus and aspires to research excellence. You will become the highest ranking Managing Director in the Institute and you will be responsible for the overall success of the Centre.
The candidates who wish to apply for the position should be a strategist and a leader able to steer the Institute to the most profitable direction while also implementing its vision, mission and long term goals. Simultaneously, the person should fulfil the requirement of holding the post of professor of Jagiellonian University, or professor of other university, or its counterpart. The prospective candidate will be offered a salary adequate to professional qualifications, as well as the remuneration will be within the range of professors’ income at Jagiellonian University.
The successful applicant will be provided with a package including administrative and secretarial assistance, laboratory space, and assistance in establishing the research team (subject to negotiations with the University). There is a possibility of renting an apartment owned by Jagiellonian University for the period up to 3 years under attractive conditions.
The applications should include:
- Letter of application covering the scientific vision of the Centre’s development in five years perspective.
- Curriculum Vitae with bibliography of peer-reviewed publications outputs
- Bibliographic information including year of publication, H-index and average citations per peer-reviewed paper from the Clarivate analytics website
- Proven experience as Managing Director or other managerial position of a research team as well as accomplishments in this area
- A Copy of diploma of habilitation or any other document confirming the scientific title
- The summary of the most significant research fields and scientific achievements of the candidate (up to four pages)
- Other documents required by Jagiellonian University for the recruitment purposes only, which can be downloaded from:
Please note: MCB administrative staff will assist those candidates who do not speak Polish and guide them through the recruitment process.
Contact persons at MCB: Deputy Director for Science, Dr. Sebastian Glatt, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Polish language is welcome but not necessary as English is widely spoken at MCB.
The candidates who wish to apply for the position should submit the required documents either via e-mail: email@example.com or by traditional post:
Małopolskie Centrum Biotechnologii
ul. Gronostajowa 7A
30-387 Kraków, Poland
Applications should be sent between 14 February and 14 April 2019.
The shortlist for the director position will be available at the end of May and since then the arrangements of visiting the Centre may be made. The interviews for the selected candidates will be held in Kraków in the middle of June. The successful candidate will be notified at the beginning of July.