(Contract) Sr. Financial Analyst
Reporting to the Head of FP&A, this position will be a critical member of the financial planning and analysis team as we support a growing organization and development pipeline. This position will partner with both the accounting operations team and organizational business leaders on month-end close activities, internal management reporting, planning and ad-hoc analysis. The anticipated time frame for this role is 5 months.
Here's What You'll Do:
- Assist FP&A team and accounting operations team during month-end close
- Receiving of services and month-end close accruals
- Working with business to provide support/documentation for accruals
- Troubleshoot or follow-up on month-end finance team reviews with accounting operations and/or business
- Assist FP&A team with consolidated financial reporting at company level and provide detailed month-end reporting to various functional areas (R&D and G&A)
- Assist business with purchase requisition approvals and resolve ad-hoc invoicing issues
- Support FP&A team in annual budget/forecast updates
- Ad-hoc analyses that support month-end close or business decision making
Here's What You'll Bring to the Table:
- BA/BS in accounting or finance required
- 3+ years of FP&A experience; life sciences industry experience preferred
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail; willingness to “roll-up the sleeves”
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills; highly proficient in Excel based modeling
- Strong communication skills (both written and oral)
- Experience with tier 1 ERP systems (e.g. SAP, Oracle) and planning and reporting tools preferred
Why join Moderna Therapeutics
We are pioneering a new class of medicines made of messenger RNA, or mRNA. The potential implications of using mRNA as a drug are significant and far-reaching. It could transform not only how certain diseases are treated but also how medicines are discovered, developed and manufactured - at a breadth, scale and speed not common in the biopharma industry.
Since our founding in 2011, we have built the industry's leading mRNA technology platform, the infrastructure to accelerate drug discovery and speed early development, a rapidly expanding pipeline, and an unparalleled team. Our development pipeline includes development candidates for mRNA-based vaccines and therapies spanning several therapeutic areas, and we have multiple clinical trials already underway with other development candidates progressing toward the clinic. In addition, we have a number of discovery programs that are advancing toward the development stage.
We invite you to explore our site to learn more about our company and how we are advancing the promise of mRNA science to improve health and impact lives around the world.
Deliver on the promise of mRNA science to create a new generation of transformative medicines for patients.
Moderna is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Moderna will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.