Open Rank Faculty - Pharmacology
The Department of Biomedical Sciences in the newly established University of Houston College of Medicine invites applications for a faculty position in the field of:
This faculty position is expected to establish content and lead the design and production of pharmacology sessions in a highly integrated, cross-disciplinary, inquiry-based curriculum in a new College of Medicine at the University of Houston. Applicants must have a doctoral degree with outstanding credentials in teaching clinically relevant pharmacology in a U.S. medical or in another U.S. health-related school, as well as having demonstrated excellent scholarship in any research field.
Applicants should submit a curriculum vitae, a statement of teaching interests, students’ evaluations, and contact information of three references.
- Participating in accreditation activities
- Developing and delivering horizontally and vertically integrated pre-clerkship curriculum
- Teaching clinically relevant pharmacological sciences
- Serving as a mentor to junior faculty, and an academic advisor to medical students
- Supervising student’s scholarly projects
- Participating in the interview and selection process of College of Medicine (COM) students and faculty
- Holding membership on COM and University committees
Full-Time: 1 FTE
- Doctoral degree, M.D., D.O., Pharm.D. or Ph.D. in pharmacology-related disciplines
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in teaching pharmacology for Assistant Professors, 5 years for Associate Professors, or 8 years for Full Professors
- Evidence of scholarly experience and productivity
- Commitment to innovative approaches to education and learning
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity
- Experience in the areas of teaching integrated biomedical sciences, and administrative responsibilities within an academic environment
- Experience using different teaching methods which might include case-based learning, ‘flipped classroom’, problem-based learning (PBL), interactive large group presentation, audience response systems, curriculum delivery systems and proficiency in exam item writing
- Experience with student mentoring and advising
- Experience with curricular and instructional design
Rank and salary commensurate with academic achievements and experience.
For additional information, and to apply, please visit https://uhs.taleo.net/careersection/ex2_uhf/jobdetail.ftl?job=FAC000827&tz=GMT-06%3A00.
Houston is the nation’s fourth largest city that offers a great quality of life that includes affordable housing options in excellent school districts, world-class arts, pro sports, award-winning cuisine and employment opportunities in numerous industries throughout the region.
The University of Houston is located in close proximity to the Texas Medical Center, which is home to The MD Anderson Cancer Center, UT Medical School, Michael E. DeBakey Veteran’s Administration Medical Center, and Baylor College of Medicine, among other institutions. This environment is rich in potential for numerous collaborative opportunities.
The University of Houston is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action institution. Minorities, women, veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Additionally, the University prohibits discrimination in employment on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.