Presidential Postdoctoral Fellowship
The Presidential Postdoctoral Fellowship (PPF) provides the opportunity for early career scientists, engineers and scholars from Singapore and around the world, to conduct independent investigations in any discipline at Nanyang Technological University (NTU), often regarded as one of the most research-intensive university in Asia. The postdoc appointment is intended to provide a pathway to an academic appointment as an assistant professor or another international postdoctoral assignment.
The Fellowship provides:
- A two-year tenure with a salary of SGD 80,000 per year.
- A research grant of up to SGD 100,000 per year.
- A housing grant of SGD 18,000 per year with eligibility for subsidized apartment accommodation (subject to availability).
- Relocation expenses of up to SGD 4,000.
- Mentorship and support in an established research group.
- Opportunity to work with faculty in mentoring graduate students.
- Exposure to the most dynamic and diverse global growth regions.
ELIGIBILITY AND SELECTION CRITERIA
- Graduated with a PhD degree and no more than 5 years of full time postdoctoral experience.
- Demonstrable intellectual excellence.
- Maturity and capacity to begin an independent research career.
- Desire and potential to develop as a future academic leader.
- Submit a thoughtful and realistic research proposal
- Be available to take up the position no later than 31 October 2019.
The application is open from 1 February 2019 to 31 March 2019 (Singapore Time, UTC+8). All applications must be submitted online at http://www.ntu.edu.sg/ppf
The following information is required for submission :
- Cover Letter
- Comprehensive CV (with full publication list)
- Official transcript or Degree Certificate in English (PhD’s degree)
- Research proposal (in no more than 2 pages)
- Contact information of two referees (one must be PhD Supervisor)
- Top 3 publications (in PDF)
Young and research-intensive, Nanyang Technological University (NTU Singapore) is ranked 12th globally in the Quacquarelli Symonds (QS) World University Rankings. It has also been ranked the world’s best young university (under 50 years old) by QS for fifth straight year.
NTU offers engineering, science, business, humanities, arts and social sciences, and medicine in its joint school with Imperial College London.
With an excellent network of top overseas universities and industry partners, NTU engages in academic and research activities with the likes of Imperial College London, Rolls-Royce, BMW, Lockheed Martin and more.
Helmed by Professor Subra Suresh, NTU is known for its cutting-edge research and technological innovation. NTU leads the top Asian universities in normalised research citation impact and is a world leader in sustainability research, with more than S$1 billion in competitive funding in this area. It also hosts several multi-million dollar institutes and centres, including the Singapore Centre on Environmental Life Sciences Engineering and the Earth Observatory of Singapore.
A cosmopolitan hub of more than 100 nationalities, the NTU community comprises 33,000 students and about 5,000 faculty and researchers. The University’s main Yunnan Garden campus has been named one of the Top 15 Most Beautiful in the World. NTU also has a second campus in the heart of Novena, Singapore’s medical district.
NTU is a community of top-notch international faculty and researchers and we invite you to be part of this world-class university through the Presidential Postdoctoral Fellowship Scheme.