Faculty Positions for Shanghai Center for Systems Biomedicine, Shanghai Jiao Tong University
Shanghai Center for Systems Biomedicine (SCSB) affiliated to Shanghai Jiao Tong University (SJTU), one of the higher education institutions which enjoy a long history and a world-renowned reputation in China. SCSB focuses on converging methodologies, from biology to physics and engineering with an emphasis on integrating basic research and clinical applications as well as enabling technologies critical to Omics research and personalized precision medicine. SCSB is also dedicated to the application of the systems biology approach to resolve important scientific problems arising in clinical medicine, and it aims to establish a premier research team that can make significant contributions to predictive, preventive, personalized, and participatory (4P) medicine in the post human genome era.
SCSB established as an interdisciplinary research institute on the main campus of SJTU, has its own research building of over 22,000 square meters with advanced instruments. Aimed at building up a world-class faculty team, we are seeking highly motivated and qualified young individuals, willing to work as part of SCSB, and we will afford the position of principal investigator with a competitive annual salary and a generous start package.
- Systems biology, translational research and precision medicine of cancers, metabolic diseases, neurodegenerative diseases, and etc.
- Systems biology based on single-cell analysis
- Basic medicine research associated with major human diseases occurrence and development
- Metabonomics, Genomics and Proteomics
- Chemicobiology and synthetic biology
- Discovery of new therapeutic targets, as well as new therapeutic strategies and drug development
- The modernization of Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM)
- Study on Colonyprevention and Intervention based on the Concept of Systems Biomedicine
Compensation Package and Supporting Policies
- Annual salary: No less than RMB 350,000 CNY
- Housing allowance: No less than RMB 600,000 CNY
- Startup fund: No less than RMB 1 million CNY
- Provide at least one research assistant paid by the center
- Other supports and benefits:
- Furnished apartment at a preferential rent
- Special quotas of recruiting doctoral students
- Medical resources from 13 affiliated hospitals of SJTU
How to Apply
Qualified applicants are invited to submit (in English) a cover letter, a CV, a statement of past accomplishment and research plan, and 3-5 reference letters to: email@example.com.
Deadline: Open until the position is filled.