Excellence in Science PhD Scholarship Award in Neuroscience
Tax Free Scholarship Award
UTS is offering an exciting opportunity to pursue a PhD in advanced neuroscience at the Centre for Neuroscience and Regenerative Medicine (CNRM). Located at a state-of-the-art research institute in the heart of Sydney, CNRM is also offering competitive salary top ups for exceptional candidates. A range of projects are available, including cutting edge behavioural, molecular, cellular, physiological and brain mapping approaches focused on:
- Parkinson’s disease and Alzheimer’s disease - Investigating mechanisms of Parkinson’s or Alzheimer’s disease to further understand disease pathogenesis.
- Memory and learning - Investigating the mechanisms by which the brain forms and modulates memories.
- Neurogenesis, Stem Cells and Brain Repair - Understanding and stimulating the brain’s own regenerative capacity in normal brain function, learning & memory, and disease.
- Disorders of Mental Health - Investigating brain function underlying disorders such as depression, fear and anxiety, drug addiction, attention deficit disorder and schizophrenia.
- Spinal Cord Injury (SCI) Research - Research into recovery from paralysis following SCI as well as other aspects of movement and movement disorders utilising neuromodulation, exercise rehabilitation and other approaches.
These innovative neuroscience studies will be carried out under the mentorship of Professor Bryce Vissel, Director of CNRM. UTS has a bold vision to be a world-leading university of technology. Consistently ranked the top young university in Australia, we are an innovative university with a culturally diverse campus life and extensive international exchange and research programs. We are thrilled to offer this opportunity to conduct research at the CNRM, a priority initiative of UTS.
CNRM is working to achieve transformative outcomes for sufferers of neurological diseases and SCI through the employment of a novel, trans-disciplinary approach. Students working in our Centre will be afforded the opportunity to combine breakthrough neuroscience with research in disciplines across Science and Engineering.
This scholarship is open to highly motivated domestic candidates who have completed an Undergraduate degree with first class honours or equivalent. Candidates still completing their honours or masters degrees may also apply.
Start Date: Studies may commence in Spring Semester 2019.
Applications close: Applications should be made ASAP and certainly prior to 30th April 2019
To apply or for more information, please send your CV and a ½ page expression of interest to: email@example.com. Please ensure that you clearly indicate your research area preference.
Applicants for the scholarship must also apply to be admitted to the PhD degree at UTS, as per the instructions at http://www.uts.edu.au/research-and-teaching/future-researchers/research-degrees-uts/applying-research-degree-and-scholarship