Call for applications: Senior and Intermediate Fellowships in Basic Biomedical Research
The Wellcome Trust/DBT India Alliance invites applications for its Senior and Intermediate Fellowship scheme. These Fellowships are available across the full spectrum of biomedical research from fundamental molecular and cellular studies through clinical and public health research*. Interdisciplinary projects are also welcome.
Launch: 22 January 2019, 9 am IST
Deadline: 19 February 2019, 2 pm IST
- This competition is open for basic science/veterinary researchers with 4 - 15 years of post-PhD research experience; applicant can have a PhD in any discipline of science.
- Applicants are advised to choose the most appropriate scheme based on their qualification, research experience, track record, and aspirations. They may refer to the guidance notes, provisions and mandates of the schemes. The Office reserves the right to advise on the suitability of the scheme.
- There are no age or nationality restrictions. The applicant need not be resident in India while applying but should be willing to relocate to and work in India.
- A salaried position or commitment towards a salaried position at the Host Institution is not required.
Eligibility guidance notes:
Senior Fellowship: For researchers who have demonstrated their ability to lead an independent research program and want to expand it further to undertake pioneering research.
Intermediate Fellowship: For postdoctoral researchers who have been successful in building a track record of pursuing cutting-edge research and wish to establish their own independent research program in India.
The 5-year Fellowship provides
- Competitive personal salary support
- Generous and flexible funds for research
- Funds to develop international collaborations
The following are essential for the application.
- A research proposal that is based on a hypothesis and seeks to answer an original biomedical research question
- At least one letter of recommendation
- A not-for-profit Host Institution in India that will administer the Fellowship for the complete duration of the award
- A Sponsor at the Host Institution, who can guarantee space and resources for the duration of the award. If invited to make a full application, an official support letter from the Sponsor would be mandatory.
Application forms will be available (22 January 2019, 9 am IST onwards) on the India Alliance online application System (IASys). The preliminary application deadline is 19 February 2019, 2 pm IST.
Please visit our website for further information on these Fellowships. Queries may be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org
*We encourage Clinicians and Public Health researchers to apply in the separate Clinical and Public Health competition: https://www.indiaalliance.org/fellowshiptype/clinical-and-public-health-research-fellowships