Team Lead, Bioinformatics Engineering
Located in Boston and the surrounding communities, Dana-Farber Cancer Institute brings together world renowned clinicians, innovative researchers and dedicated professionals, allies in the common mission of conquering cancer, HIV/AIDS and related diseases. Combining extremely talented people with the best technologies in a genuinely positive environment, we provide compassionate and comprehensive care to patients of all ages; we conduct research that advances treatment; we educate tomorrow's physician/researchers; we reach out to underserved members of our community; and we work with amazing partners, including other Harvard Medical School-affiliated hospitals.
The Department of Data Sciences within the Dana-Farber Cancer Institute is seeking a Team Lead, Bioinformatics Engineering.
The Team Lead is an exceptional candidate who has deep software engineering experience and bioinformatics expertise, combined with proven team leadership experience. Candidate must have prior experience building scalable, cloud-based platforms for running and managing Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) pipelines, and must have prior experience managing a small team of bioinformatics engineers. This is an exciting opportunity that will impact thousands of patients across Dana-Farber and we need a creative leader, who can take our tumor profiling and precision oncology efforts to the next level.
The team lead will be responsible for recruiting and managing a small team of bioinformatics engineers, to build new computational solutions for cancer genomics at DFCI. This includes a new cloud-based genomics platform for running and managing NGS pipelines. The lead will be responsible for selection of appropriate technological approaches, but we expect the successful candidate to drive the use of cloud-native solutions, with an emphasis on containerized workflows and a service-oriented architecture.
- Design and develop a new hybrid on-premise and cloud-based genomics platform for executing and managing NGS pipelines.
- Design and develop Application Programming Interfaces (APIs), microservices, and asynchronous queuing systems.
- Orchestrate cloud-based services via modern devops frameworks.
- Develop new Python software modules, developed via best practices, including unit testing, automated build processes and code reviews.
- Implement bioinformatic workflows using workflow specification languages, e.g. WDL / CWL / Snakemake.
- Recruit and manage a small team of bioinformatics engineers.
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Computer Science, Bioinformatics, Computational Biology or a related field.
- Prior experience building scalable, cloud-based platforms for running and managing Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) pipelines.
- 5+ years of bioinformatics engineering experience in an academic or industry setting.
- 2-3 years experience managing a small team of bioinformatics engineers.
- Demonstrated ability to work in an agile, research environment while building production-grade software.
- Expert knowledge of Python.
- Prior experience building bioinformatic workflows using workflow specification languages, e.g. WDL / CWL / Snakemake.
- Experience in modern software development technologies, including distributed versioning systems, continuous integration, and Agile programming practices.
- Expert knowledge of relational and non-relational databases.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate and present technical ideas and plans to non-technical stakeholders.
Dana-Farber Cancer Institute is an Equal Opportunity Employer and affirms the right of every qualified applicant to receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, disability, age, ancestry, military service, protected veteran status, or other groups as protected by law.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2apply.net/bygmy8tmkzgjndkf